Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link

4/4/21 @ 1:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bottom bouncer
USER SINCE 9/3/02

I went to Oconto today.  We didn't catch any small fish.  Maybe 15 total but 5 were over 28".  And other boats around us were also catching fish.  One boat landed a 34" brown trout.  Not a single report.  I do plan to post a report on that thread, but let's hear your thoughts on whats the problem with reporting.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 117 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 12:13 PM
wiscoarborist
USER SINCE 11/6/18

I had so many bad experiences from "seagulls" back when I posted as --- that no,not a chance will I post fishing reports any longer...I started to write a couple examples of seagulls/stalkers but I think it's best not to reminisce about it. I could already feel my bloodpressure rise....Twice someone threatened to damage my rig in the parking lot and since I did a lot of late night fishing,it was a real worry. One of those was a guy I'd helped in numerous PMs but somehow thought he had a God-given right to every piece of knowledge I'd gotten over the years. He felt I was holding out on him.... Icefishing? pfft. Worst.

I used to love being helpful. I posted a ton of fishing report,enjoyed helping via PM... A minority of LL'ers not only ended that,they helped take the fun out of fishing locally...I've developed a twitch: Whenever I catch a walleye I reflexively look over my shoulder to make sure nobody saw.

Most of my yearly fishing hours nowadays are in the Everglades and the Keys....Or the upper Mississippi or Vilas county lakes....and "harvest" is not nearly as important to me as it was 10-20 years ago. I just prefer to (mostly) C&R fish without having to smell someone's cigaret smoke or listen to their drunken chatter. Someone shows up and fishes up my (back pocket)? I typically just leave.

But no way in heck am I gonna advertise where I fish. I learned my lesson over and over and over again. Eventually I figured out...

I have met a number of fishermen who's self esteem is directly tied to how many fish they can kill - or at least take and post pictures of. It's clearly not tied to their ethics and morals...I ain't helping them one iota if I can help it.

TODAY @ 8:36 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Holy crap Carp King, I haven't seen you post in forever! I didn't even know you existed anymore!  You've been around for as long as I have on this site.  It's too bad some have to ruin it for all!  I always enjoyed reading your fishing reports and seeing the pictures you would post.

TODAY @ 8:00 AM
Carp King
USER SINCE 8/7/01

I got a lot of crapola for posting some stuff so I don't put much stuff on LL anymore.  I'll usually just message someone.

5/3/21 @ 8:30 PM
thefishingboy
USER SINCE 9/11/04

I use to post my fishing reports all the time 5-10 years ago. One area I fished and reported on was a very popular shore spot by a small dam. Next few days it would be a zoo. Just not worth it anymore. If I’m on a big body of water I still report here and there but smaller lakes and shore fishing spots I will never report again. 

5/3/21 @ 8:22 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

I said that I'd give a report after the weekend, as I was ridiculed for a previous report. My son & I did not fish any of the lakes I had previously mentioned as it was too windy for a row boat on Saturday. We changed course and fished 5 different trout streams with limited success. Used only crawlers all day and got 3 brookies, my son getting the 2. Here's how I sum it up," fishing was great, catching, not so hot!" And I did have a great time with my son. 

4/30/21 @ 4:27 AM
Credance
USER SINCE 5/6/20

Made a report and a response to another report have been banned from this site under that name since

4/29/21 @ 12:51 PM
Hunter&Hound
USER SINCE 7/24/01

....Says the guy with 4 posts total since 2014.  

4/29/21 @ 11:10 AM
wanna b outdoors
USER SINCE 7/17/14

Because fishermen believe that finding and catching fish is like knowing the location of a hidden treasure. If I tell you where the fish are, then you'll catch them and there won't be any left for me...  

4/28/21 @ 6:48 PM
Fishrun
USER SINCE 6/8/20

Jumbee, always watched Virgil Ward back in the day . Always got a kick out of the lure in the aquarium. The retrieve was always the same, reel in, let it drop, repeat. The take would usually come on the drop.

4/28/21 @ 6:39 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Hero’s reports are the best. He’s to the point and hilarious too. William Heim is another guy that gives great reports. These guys have put in the time and don’t mind sharing any information to help others.

The non reports are pointless and are nothing more than self gratification for the person posting. If I’m going to post something it’s going to be to help others, not pat myself on the back.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 117 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.