Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link

4/4/21 @ 1:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bottom bouncer
USER SINCE 9/3/02

I went to Oconto today.  We didn't catch any small fish.  Maybe 15 total but 5 were over 28".  And other boats around us were also catching fish.  One boat landed a 34" brown trout.  Not a single report.  I do plan to post a report on that thread, but let's hear your thoughts on whats the problem with reporting.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 74 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/21/21 @ 12:38 PM
walleyeralph
USER SINCE 6/20/01

About 10 years ago someone posted about a certain spot on lake winnebago. I often fished near that spot, but never by it. I watched people go there one after the other one day.Kind of funny to watch.

4/21/21 @ 12:51 AM
StorminNormin1957
USER SINCE 2/6/17

Tough on Trout,

I really liked your post.  It showed me that as long as people utilize the fish they catch, there's nothing wrong with keeping smaller ones.  In fact it's better for the fishery. And I'll bet those smaller perch make fine pickled fish instead of the occasional northern I catch for pickling.  I think I'll try it this year, since there are so many small perch up north.  Staying within catch limits of course.  3 crappies, 4 bluegills, and 10 small perch for pickling is more than enough for me and my wife.

Thank you!

4/20/21 @ 7:36 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Brent, as far as the size of fish you keep, you're right, to each his own. I learned a valuable leeson in regards to this. I was ice fishing one day and I saw that a gentleman was keeping perch in the 3 1/2 to maybe 5 inch range and I asked him, rather sarcastically, "Why do you keep such small fish, those are our future!" and he responded, " I pickle them, and the small ones pickle best as the pickling process deteriorates the bones." Makes sense. Boy did I feel "small." I have since realized that when you buy your license, that license avails you to keep any size (legal) fish that you want.

4/20/21 @ 2:32 PM
bottom bouncer
USER SINCE 9/3/02

Looks like some of this conversation got nixed

4/20/21 @ 8:53 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER SINCE 2/16/04

Chicken Little was browsing Lake Link. Doesn't fish much but always asks on the reports page if the ice is out yet, what'er they biting on, etc. Never posts an actual report, because it's a big secret, .....then sees a post from someone having a good day and getting a nice fresh fish supper. BRAAUWCKKKK  !!   The sky is falling!

4/17/21 @ 8:54 AM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER SINCE 12/18/07

Hope to meet you someday too Prop!

I did mention in my earlier post that I have not experienced any negative feedback from posting fishing reports, but have met some of my now closest friends! 

Look at Gill 1774, he posts all the time on the Tichigan thread, he never gets any negative feedback...

I’ve noticed the biggest thing people get bashed for is keeping a big fish.  For me, to each his own...  If your legally fishing, carry on, won’t get no bashing from me.

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
4/14/21 @ 7:38 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

FLM, Got it!

4/14/21 @ 6:17 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER SINCE 6/14/05

that is fine and dandy Brent...actually hope to meet you someday...BUT....the thread is why don't people post actual fishing reports on LL...they get crucified is why....carry on

4/14/21 @ 3:35 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

toughontrout I wouldn't have to specify the lake I fished cause I would be reporting the report on that thread.  I live near Madison, so for example when I fish Kegonsa I post my report in the Lake Kegonsa fishing report page, not Mendota's :-)

4/14/21 @ 3:04 PM
toughontrout
USER SINCE 12/21/20

Hey Fishlovme, I got it! Question, when you post something, your example did not say anything about where you fished i.e. Lake Winnebago, or Wolf River, etc. Is that the way you do normally post. Not knocking it, just asking.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 74 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.