LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Whitewater, Wi - Where is there good fishing?

7/15/22 @ 6:43 PM
INITIAL POST
Bofish 3
User since 3/25/20

My daughter is now attending uw whitewater,  I am going down there with my boat to do some fishing.  Where are some good spots ?  I catch and release,  I would fish for bass, catfish, pike

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/13/22 @ 9:38 AM
bp1357
User since 3/24/04

Used to fish Rice lake very hard years ago as family lakehome was there. It will become weed choked (esp on east side). Regularly caught nice LMB and always bluegills with kids. Trolling motor or kayak prob. best.

8/11/22 @ 10:43 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

Put the time in at whitewater.  It can be a very tough lake, but it can also be very rewarding.

8/2/22 @ 10:49 PM
Bofish 3
User since 3/25/20

Here is my report:   I went to the Rock River in the northside of Fort Atkinson the for a few hours for catfish. Used live pike suckers and fresh cutbait. I only had one fish on- didn't catch any.

Went to Whitewater Lake today for a few ours out of the state park landing. Fished the south nd of the lake from 2-12 feet of water. Docks, logs, weeds- topwater, drop shot and crankbait- not a single bite. 

I had fun anyway. It was hard for me to have confidence with the water visibility at one foot. Up north where I live the visibility is alot better, but I suppose the fish are used to it 

7/20/22 @ 9:27 PM
Bofish 3
User since 3/25/20

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will just focus on Whitewater lake for bass. I maybe will fish for catfish on the Rock River on the north end of Fort Atkinson too. 

7/16/22 @ 6:11 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

You’re right. I’ve been to Delevan. Never tried Pleasant, but it’s on the Fish Reports sometimes. Delevan has been a healthy strong lake for years and has been through a lot. 

7/16/22 @ 1:14 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I used to fish Whitewater Lake a lot when I went to school there, but mainly ice fishing since I didn't have a boat.  My other spots were Pleasant Lake (about 15 minutes east of Whitewater off Highway 12, head towards Elkhorn), and Delavan Lake.  All 3 of those lakes should get you on some bass, northern, and panfish.

7/16/22 @ 7:12 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

WhiteWater Lake is just a little south of WhiteWater off of HighwayP. I’ve never fished it, but am not real close to it either.
Says it’s 625 acres. Nice size. Lots of structure and holes. It’s in Walworth county FYI, and on WW Lake, they have some real healthy Bass in the photos section! Big bass. Northern, Walleye, and Pan fish also is what it says. Nice lake close by! 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE