MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Whitefish Lake in Three Lakes - Privacy and connectability

9/18/20 @ 6:52 AM
INITIAL POST
Big Lake Hoosier
Big Lake Hoosier
User since 9/2/20

I see a lot of Whitefish lakes in Wisconsin, but my question is whether anyone has fished Whitefish Lake in Three Lakes?  How private does it feel with Hwy 32 running by it?  How is the traffic noise?  Does anyone know if that small river connects it to the rest of the Three Lakes Chain?  I'm trying to see if I can get to them all if I start in Whitefish.  Thanks!!!  Is there any good site that clearly shows this?

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
9/22/20 @ 5:52 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

Pine Isle is the one with good pizza.  Had one out on boat while fishing. We didn’t want to go back to the cabin to eat as fish were biting.  

9/21/20 @ 6:26 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

I spend a week or two on the chain every year and the fishing is pretty darn good if you like panfish and small walleyes! Them small walleyes are absolutely delicious and it’s pretty much managed that way! I have caught 2 twenty plus inch fish in the last 5 years so there is an occasional big one but for the most part they run 12-14 inches! The crappie run big and you can pick through the perch for a few good ones!

The chain can get busy at times but all and all a very beautiful and scenic chain! The hwy noise is very minimal and wouldn’t deter me from fishing any of the lakes on 32

I took my nieces and nephews fishing off the highway one day and my nephew actually caught a legitimate 10” bluegill fishing a bridge right off of hwy 32

Bottom line is I enjoy the chain very much and would fish it any chance I could! Enjoy 

9/20/20 @ 9:13 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Once you get through the thoroughfare you have access to the bulk of the chain. Whitefish has good crappies and I’ve boated a few muskies over the years. Walleyes run on the small side throughout the chain but the size limit on most of the lakes is under 15”. Cant remember the name of it but there’s a great bar on Medicine Lake that has excellent pizza. You can buy a book that has GPS coordinates of cribs throughout the chain. Very helpful in locating a quick meal of panfish and wallleye. Good luck.

9/18/20 @ 3:28 PM
Hothead
User since 10/9/05

I have also fished whitefish and didn't notice any noise from the hwy. Also if you plan on going to other lakes it takes a bit of time to get there. The channel is slow no wake the whole way but the scenery is nice. 

9/18/20 @ 3:05 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Yes you can definitely get to and from Whitefish to the rest of the chain. I never noticed traffic noise being a problem when fishing on Whitefish but it’s been quite a few years. 

Just a heads up but not every lake on the Three Lakes Chain can be reached by boat. Spirit and Virgin come to mind as not having navigable channels. 

9/18/20 @ 11:31 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

not sure if this helps, but there is that connection to the chain labelled "the thoroughfare" , so that sorta indicates traffic

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@13&key=a~jvGrdt~O

looks like there's a couple boat launched in the thoroughfare as well

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE