SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Whitefish Fishing Rental / Guide

12/12/18 @ 2:54 PM
INITIAL POST
FISH CRIBS
User since 10/5/15

Never whitefish fished before.  My wife wants to get me a trip for my birthday. Any tips / suggestions for an outing on GB; Bago or Michigan (Feb 16th / 17th)   Thx

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
12/19/18 @ 7:34 AM
Jerry Ruffolo
PRO MEMBER User since 6/18/01
Capt Bob Claus and his sidekick Mr Haasl will take good care of you!!
12/16/18 @ 6:39 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04

I second Finquest for Green Bay. Guy knows his stuff. 

12/13/18 @ 10:21 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Man, lots of guides will do it and do it well.

Here are the two I've used and I've been very happy with their gear and with them as guides.

Captain Bob Claus.  He posts here on Lake-Link often.  Just a super great guy who will show you how to catch them...not just drop you off and check in on you once during the day.  He too will run split trips...whitefish in the day, then eyes at night.  

http://www.finfanatic.net/

Looks like $50 or $60 per person for a whitefish trip.  Add another $50 to add walleye to the trip.

I've also used Chris Barch.  He too is excellent.  And...his way of getting them is going to be much different than Alexander, Strocheim and the others.

I don't know his website...I know he is on facebook, but PM me if you would like his phone number.

He is around the same cost.

Then...when you get whities, some guides will clean them.  If not, Lindall's is a place you can go to get them cleaned.  Just south of Sturgeon Bay a little off of Highway C.

I would say this...there are some guides that the locals like, some that they don't like.  This is important to know because some of the access points used around Sturgeon Bay are actually either on, or just off of residences.  Some of those locals won't let you park cars, or walk off of the point if you use a guide that treats the locals/property owners poorly.  Found that out last year as we were parking.  Thankfully our guide for the day was on the "nice" list.  PM me if you want to know who made the top of the "naughty" list.

12/12/18 @ 4:37 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

I use FINQUEST, out of Dykesville. Never been skunked.          CARPIO 

12/12/18 @ 4:29 PM
gray fox
gray fox
PRO MEMBER User since 2/22/08

Brett Alexander is a good source for knowledge and his whitefish setup is top notch.  Google him and get his prices.

12/12/18 @ 3:33 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I'm sure many of the guides do this but Brett Alexander will begin and end the day chasing walleyes during their feeding windows and target whitefish during the day. Nice opportunity for a multi-species trip.

12/12/18 @ 3:10 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

No shortage of operations up in Door County. We went out with JJ Malvitz last February and had a good time. Transportation to and from shacks and hot lunch included. Capt Bob Klaus seems to run a good ship too. But there are a lot of guys who run trips up there. Lonny Gorman (I believe), Brett Alexander, Dale Stroschein...

Do a google search for door county whitefish guides and you'll likely be reading for a while.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE