SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

White Bass

5/20/22 @ 11:59 PM
INITIAL POST
short striker
User since 7/13/05

Have fished the Wolf River out of Fremont during May for White Bass for about 5 years now. I was wondering if there are any other rivers or lakes, in Wisconsin, that offer comparable numbers of White Bass? It would be nice if those places had decent places to launch a boat and cabin rentals. 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
11/11/22 @ 3:18 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

Ok Get the Net, I will believe you about the Wausau area, but will stake my claim about any further upstream on the Wisconsin River than Brokaw.  I would gladly be proved wrong, but have never seen one despite having basically grown up hiding from the world on her banks.

10/25/22 @ 12:15 PM
FishChip
User since 2/2/17

Lake Dubay has them in decent numbers. Get them in late may or early June up by the mosinee dam.

10/21/22 @ 12:37 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Someone once mentioned the lake that had white bass as being the furthest south they were in our state.  I can't recall which lake that is, but I know even in Canada there are a few lakes that have white bass, so it is possible to have them pretty far north.  And think about the Wisconsin River before it was dammed up.  Those white bass could've moved freely pretty far north. The furthest north I have personally caught them is on Green Bay.

10/20/22 @ 9:26 PM
GetTheNetFishing
User since 9/30/22

Deertroller,

I catch some very nice sized white bass on the river in the Wausau area. They are definitely there and in decent numbers. 

10/19/22 @ 5:41 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

I have never seen a white bass north of Stevens Point on the Wisconsin River.

10/19/22 @ 2:25 AM
KennethTDaniel
User since 10/19/22

All the major river systems in Wisconsin have great populations of whites. You can go to Fox, Rock, Wolf, Mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers

10/16/22 @ 7:54 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Who moved it? CARPIO 

10/16/22 @ 11:54 AM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

Carpio, Lake Pepin is not in the NW part of the state.

10/16/22 @ 9:53 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

In the NW part of the state it’s hard to beat LAKE PEPIN around LAKE CITY.    Huge numbers and size especially starting in early September.   2 jigs on a line = 2 WB on a line.lol.     Look for gulls, they’ll show you where to fish.         CARPIO 

10/16/22 @ 8:10 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Spring fishing on the Fox River in Green Bay and De Pere has some big fish too. Some guys using flies on drop shot had some bass  that looked like small sheepshead. Most use minnows instead.

5/21/22 @ 11:09 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Right now the Madison chain is loaded with white bass.  All four lakes have white bass but Mendota has real large numbers of them, and some big ones too!  In Southeast Wisconsin I know the Fox River has white bass.  Just about anywhere on the Wisconsin River system will have white bass.  A few lakes here and there have them I know. A smaller lake half hour north of Madison (Crystal Lake) has yellow and white bass.  Rock River including downriver and up river from Lake Koshkonong has real good numbers of white bass.  Also, when I was a kid I used to catch some HUGE white bass below the DePere dam this time of year.  Not as many in the Bay as there are the Winnebago system, but they're big!

5/21/22 @ 10:38 AM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

I used to catch tons of White Bass in the St. Croix River. Around here everyone called them  “Silver Bass.”  Jut a regional thing I suppose. If I remember right it was always toward the end of summer when they had their big runs and you could catch one on every cast. A yellow twister tail was killer.

5/21/22 @ 5:55 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01

Was fishing the Wisconsin river in Nekoosa by the dam and had a good time.

Wasn't looking to fish Whitebass but it was almost every cast on a blade bait.

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE