Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where to fillet fish in Oshkosh

3/19/18 @ 11:36 AM
ORIGNAL POST
bobbo2319
User since 1/28/18

Hey everyone, I will be fishing winnebago in mid June, coming from out of state.  Where do people fillet their catch?  We have a hotel that doesn't have a kitchen or I'd do it there haha.  Do any of the boat launches have fish cleaning areas?

Thanks, bob

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/20/18 @ 8:02 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Pipe has a fish cleaning station.  If I were you,  coming from out of state, the East side would be my destination for staying somewhere.  It's a vacation atmosphere.  The west side is city life,  very lame.  

Mid June,  the fish will be on fire all over the lake.  

Like Bugle said,  get a cutting board otherwise and do it on the tailgate.  I've cleaned fish on the bathroom sink counter in hotels.  I'm sure they wouldn't be thrilled,  but i've done it.  

3/20/18 @ 7:53 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

The tailgate of my truck is the perfect height.

3/19/18 @ 12:36 PM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09

There's no fish cleaning stations that I can think of in Oshkosh. Fond du lac has one and so does pipe. Probably just use you're tailgate or bring a small folding table.

3/19/18 @ 12:21 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I cant answer your question directly but if you find no other means then certainly use your creative improvisation. Bring some garbage bags, pails for water, 36x12 piece of wood for filleting on, lots of rags, whatever you need to clean them outside or in the bathtub of your hotel room. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.