MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where can I catch Suckers in Southeastern Wisconsin?

4/20/17 @ 1:24 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16
I would like to catch a sucker, but I'm not sure where to go fishing for them.  I'm heading out tomorrow.  Where's a spot I can fish from shore for suckers?  I've got to check that one off my list of 50 species of fish in Wisconsin.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/30/17 @ 8:34 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
Wisconsin river around Portage is a place I catch them quite often. Also, by the time you catch a sucker, you will have half the other species caught too without even moving. You may even catch the elusive Lake Wisconsin Coho. 

4/20/17 @ 9:54 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10

There are some suckers still running, but not as heavily.

4/20/17 @ 9:32 PM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08

Not sure if they are still up, but three normally get thick at estabrook park in Milwaukee. 

4/20/17 @ 8:33 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16
I looked on the map around Friess Lake, but I don't know where I'd access the river.  I need to get some waders!  Maybe I'll try the by the springs on Sunday.  Thanks for the tips!

4/20/17 @ 5:27 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04

Try Pike Creek/River in Petrifying Springs park. Was there today but water was a little dirty. When it clears in a couple days they should be in there heavy.

4/20/17 @ 3:25 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

It may be more of a hike than you need to make for a sucker but we caught a lot of suckers during the run where Mill Creek flows into the WI River south of Stevens Point.  There's a tavern there called Rusty's Backwater Saloon.  You will likely double up on WI species while you're there as the redhorse run with the suckers.

4/20/17 @ 2:05 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Not much help here, but friends in my youth (30 years ago) speared suckers heavily on the Oconomowoc River just off Freiss Lake, near Hubertus...Can't remember anyone catching them hook and line though.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.