MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where can I catch a Lake Sturgeon from shore in WI?

9/2/17 @ 2:26 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16
It doesn't have to be real big, but I'd really like to target (and hopefully) catch a Lake Sturgeon this September, as this is the only month you're supposed to fish for them with hook and line.  I'm not going to keep any.  I just want to catch one.  You can message me if you don't want to put the spot on the boards.  If I catch one there, I won't post where I caught it, either.  I won't ruin your sturgeon spot.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/7/17 @ 10:56 PM
fullbarrel
fullbarrel
User since 6/4/03

Also check your sturgeon hook an line season for targeting them in your specific area even if you plan to catch and release.  There awsome fish.  Get them back in the water as soon as you snap a pic.   Good luck.   

9/7/17 @ 10:49 PM
fullbarrel
fullbarrel
User since 6/4/03

Go to the dells near the dam.   Big glob of crawlers.  You may hook into some big cats also.    

9/5/17 @ 5:00 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Below Castle Rock Dam or below the Dells Dam.  

9/5/17 @ 3:45 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

You can fish them on the Menominee. I've seen signs on upriver flowages (White Rapids specifically), so I'm assuming they're spread out and not just below the last dam near the bay.

9/4/17 @ 9:13 PM
thefishingboy
User since 9/11/04

I have watched kids multiple times for the past 5 years catch small lake sturgeon below the spillway in Onalaska on the Black River. Also I would suggest fishing either the float in pool 8 or 9 on the Mississippi River. Both are below dams and they will help you for whatever species you are after 

9/4/17 @ 6:20 PM
Ready2Launch
User since 6/22/05

Check your messages

9/2/17 @ 4:33 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Also Prairie Du Sac dam

9/2/17 @ 3:15 PM
whatup
User since 12/9/01

Never done it, but below the Dells dam on the Wisconsin River in the fall is supposed to be good. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.