MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What's the best rig to catch suckers on?

4/11/17 @ 8:17 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Hello everyone,

I've been looking around the internet and on YouTube to see what is the best rig for suckers.  Just wondering what people's thoughts are here.  I want to try and catch some suckers, and I'd like to set my rig up properly.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/14/17 @ 1:45 AM
derwayn
User since 6/27/17

Not sure if it is the best, though I like using Quick-Strike rig.

4/25/17 @ 5:03 PM
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

Back when I was in high school, we fished them this time of year in streams flowing into the Wisconsin River.  All you needed was a hook, a nightcrawler, a forked stick, snacks and beverages.  We used a spark plug gapped to "0" for a slip sinker.  Worked perfectly-  simpler times....

4/12/17 @ 9:49 AM
iceman1973
User since 6/30/14

if water isn't moving to fast try throwing out some canned corn can use it as bait to,just some sinkers & a hook

4/12/17 @ 9:45 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Seriously, if you want to go hook and line, a bell sinker and plain hook with a crawler or two on it will do the trick.  We used to fish them in a creek south of Stevens Point when I went to school there.  We actually used washers as sinkers because they were cheaper and held in the current better.  Just file down any sharp edges.

4/12/17 @ 8:35 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

hook&line, just keep bait on bottom,  piece of crawler... just guessing,  keep it simple like a lindy rig

4/12/17 @ 7:46 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

We did what Ulbian does in the creek behind our house growing up.  Except we used pitch forks.  The rusty ones held the fish a little better than the smooth, shiny new ones.

4/11/17 @ 10:13 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
Narrow up a small stream with rocks. Have one person stand downstream at that narrow section holding a large net.  Send another person up stream to push the suckers down to the net man.  I use my muskie net.  It works very, very well.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.