LOGIN
Lake-Link

Up North Bait Shops

5/16/21 @ 9:40 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

What are some of your favorites? Do you have a place that you feel stands out? 

I think we have lots of high quality bait shops up north, with some really good owners that treat you very fair, so you almost can't go wrong no matter what you list on here. But, a few do rise to the top for me.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 14 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/17/21 @ 7:08 AM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

River Rock  and Anglers All are fantastic must stops in Ashland.   The fur at Anglers All is the finest for sale in the Lake Superior region.

5/16/21 @ 11:02 PM
Edward Felcohands
USER SINCE 2/24/09

I’ve had my ups and downs with every shop I've been to up there.  Kurts is often open late and has a great tackle selection, but I’ve had my minnows counted there too.  Same with rollie and helens, and more recently dewey catchem.  Nice shops but you should be able to get me a dozen shiners without touching them all with your hands.  Sometimes they really seem to want your business and sometimes they don’t.  Everyone has bad days i guess, but the negative experiences are the ones you remember and tell people about.  I buy most of my bait in mercer, at flambeau flowage sports and turtle river trading company.   both shops have smaller tackle selections and tighter hours, but they know how to sell minnows the right way.  The mercer shops have better jig selections and info for the tff as well.

5/16/21 @ 10:34 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Kurts Island in Minocqua has always bent over backwards to get me what I need. Above and beyond. 

R and M Musky Shop in Eagle River has always been great with minnows and being flexible with what I need for the day.

Lots of other great shops though. Don't want to forget anyone so I'll stick with just those two right now and say that there are a number of other good ones in Vilas/Oneida as well. 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 14 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.