LOGIN
Lake-Link

Unnamed Lake Fishing Report

8/22/17 @ 10:52 PM
ORIGNAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Here's a place to post a report, but not name the lake. So, honest reports please...but no need to mention the lake/location. Anybody have a really good day fishing of late? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/19/17 @ 9:34 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

So cool to be on the ice today. It's funny, almost every body of water in Vilas/Oneida is not ice fishable, but, for whatever reason, a few are able to be fished. My son caught and released a nice pike today. That was our only fish. It's not that the lake I was on today is an amazing fishery, it's good, but not awesome.....but it's "unnamed" simply because it's one of the only ones with good ice and too small to get a lot of pressure.

9/21/17 @ 10:12 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

That's awesome! I've always wanted to fish a cranberry marsh. A cool place to be and to pick up fish in that environment is awesome. 

9/20/17 @ 10:07 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

Went out in my canoe on a new cranberry marsh and caught over 20 largemouth Bass on minnow and bobber within 2 hours. One of my best nights. Even better, I was the only one on the marsh. Cranberry marshes are the best.

9/7/17 @ 5:08 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Nice! Sounds like a once in a decade type of day. Glad you got a piece of that smallie action!

9/7/17 @ 11:04 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

Had a great smallmouth day last Wednesday,started the day fishing cabbage.Bait fish on the top feeding on a midge hatch,and that brought fish in feeding on them.Landed two walleyes,and 6 crappies one 14in let all go.0 bass so I hit some rock there a light cahill hatch was going on,tried a willow spinnerbait on the first drift lost two nice smallies.The mayflies were small may be size 16 the rises that were going on I thought were small fish.Should have known better, put a small topwater on landed a small 12in bass,that would be small fish for the day.After that I anchord and caught nine bass from 18 to 21in I have never had that kind of luck on one shallow spot before ever.But it did slow I pulled anchor set up a fly rod and fished a bullet head topwater drifting any fish that I saw rising took the bullet head another 10 bass ran a little smaller but I did get one more 20in.All were put back great day. 

9/5/17 @ 6:26 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

This is not directed towards anyone on this thread

9/4/17 @ 9:32 PM
og tower
User since 8/26/12

Water level is on the way up. Caught a few sturgeon 25-40" and a nice cat. Pretty slow bite overall. Current is really going right now. Smoked some salmon caught from lake superior a few weeks back. Good weekend to be on the river bank.

9/2/17 @ 5:04 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

SnakeSter ....beautiful smallie, great markings ...

9/2/17 @ 1:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Nice smallie Snakester! 

Fished a secret smaller U.P. lake yesterday not too far off HWY 2. Tough bite. Know there are bass and pike in there, it was my first time trying it. Had water temps from 65 to 70 on the lake. Water cooling for sure.

9/2/17 @ 11:06 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Smally's hitting leeches yesterday. Ended up catching 9 or 10. Kept one for the wall of  fishing theme bar we are building this winter in the cabin. We have 3 fish mounted this year including this smally that will be dropped off today for mounting It was a Good fight and he was pulling drag quite a bit. Water temp was down to 72.4 yesterday. When wind died down in evening it was action packed fun. Got em by some lillypads in about 4ft of water. Temp was around 68-70 with 10mph wind before hand. Sun was out, but didn't know pressure yesterday? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.