Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Tomahawk Area Fishing

7/14/18 @ 10:02 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Jav1
User since 1/28/03

I will be in Tomahawk for work for a couple of weeks starting next week. Never been there and thinking of taking the boat along. What lakes should be good for walleye in the area?  Or any lake that are good  fishing lakes. Being that I am in a motel I will be all catch and release. Are there any guides that fish the area that I can contact? 

Thanks for any help. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/17/18 @ 12:06 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

As Snakester said, use caution on Mohawksin. Definitely a good lake but there is a lot of structure to watch out for.

I have had some success muskie fishing Nokomis too. Look for deep cabbage. 

7/17/18 @ 5:51 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

As the guys said, Mohawkskin is a Great Lake with the Famous Musky Mile shoreline. It’s also connected to Wisconsin River which goes for awhile till you hit the damn. Plenty of bait shops. 

Note: Be sure to study lake map of Mohawkskin as some areas have structure to beware of. No biggy, but just be familiar with lake. It also has good Crappie fishing down by 86 bridge. 

Good luck

7/16/18 @ 4:31 PM
haagar65
User since 3/29/11

Mohawksin is a pretty good musky lake and its right in Tomahawk, its also good panfish/bass lake.

7/16/18 @ 3:59 PM
Jav1
User since 1/28/03

Thanks Bow Hunting Guy. I may not have the time to travel a long distance but will be able to get out after 5 pm. What about Musky? Anything close worth bringing up my Musky gear?

7/16/18 @ 1:13 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Jav1,

By all means, take the boat with. Hundreds of lakes within a reasonable drive. If you’re in Tomahawk, check out Nokomis. Easy to navigate and opportunity for plenty of species. 

If you have the time to venture a short distance north, check out Rainbow Flowage, Lake Tom, or the Willow. I’ve been fishing this area my whole life and it’s very underrated. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.