MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Thank you AGAIN - Deer Lake (Oneida/Three Lakes) Reviews and Lake Traffic

9/22/20 @ 12:44 PM
INITIAL POST
Big Lake Hoosier
Big Lake Hoosier
User since 9/2/20

I continue to come to this board for great advice.  Today I'm following up on a review I saw about Deer Lake and the traffic.  I'm looking to see if this gets a lot of jet skiiers or higher speed boats.  Looking at maps, not sure if it would get fished as much as a pass-through from Big Stone to Big Lake.  Any experience out there?  We are looking to buy or build a place so trying to get some inside info before making a mistake.  Thank you!

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
10/19/20 @ 6:19 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

If I recall correctly, there is a slow no wake from Big Stone to Deer and then a slow no wake from Deer/Dog to Big Lake. It has been a few years since I have been up there, but that distance isn't that far, so any pleasure boaters would really need to come from Deer Lake or Dog Lake.

9/22/20 @ 1:26 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

During the main part of the summer, there's going to be traffic everywhere. My wife and I boated from Big Lake to Fourmile this past summer on a Thursday in July and there was a fair amount of traffic. With that said, the closer you are to a lake near the end of the line in the chain, the less traffic you will see. Deer may not be that bad as you only have Dog, Big, Whitefish and Virgin (which is only accessible through a long, fairly shallow creek - mainly a fishing destination) after it. None of these lakes have a bar or a resort that I'm aware of so that will reduce traffic. There is a fairly large resort on Deer Lake by the channel that leads to Big Stone. 

Deer is one of my favorite fall fishing lakes. If the wind is right, you can drift it with a lindy rig or slip bobber with a minnow and catch a nice mixed bag of crappies, walleye and an occasional perch. 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE