SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Sturgeon Viewing

4/14/24 @ 7:02 PM
INITIAL POST
xlesox
User since 3/13/09

I went to the Shawano Dam this morning to see if the Sturgeon had made it up there, as I go there every year to see them.  I only saw a tail or a fin if I happened to be looking in the right place at the right time.  My bigger concern, however, is that I have never seen the Wolf River this low at this time of year.  Many of the rocks on which the sturgeon typically spawn were several feet above the water.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/16/24 @ 11:10 AM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
See Peshtigo river fish report.
4/15/24 @ 7:46 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
They are in the Fox River in downtown Princeton yesterday and today.
4/15/24 @ 7:04 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Was also there yesterday afternoon with my niece...she also said the water was low compared to years past....but we did see many sturgeon...in fact DNR crew was netting , tagging and measuring...they had their hands full trying to get some of the bigger ones into the nets...checked Wolf river cams, and unfortunately the Bamboo Bend cameras are down at this time,
Sturgeon Viewing photo by crobar
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE