Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Stevens Point HWY 10

4/17/15 @ 7:33 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Cronk
User since 4/18/12
Hey guys this is a general question. I drove down to appleton from Eau Claire took 10 out of osseo and around the point area i noticed there a literally dozens of ponds along the highway. Some of them are pretty good sized. Do these ponds all have fish in them and are they public? I was thinkin they were just holding ponds for Ag or livestock but damn there were a lot of them. Anyone familiar with this area?

Thanks Cronk

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/23/15 @ 9:20 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
That may be true about replacing wetlands also, but I watched for two years all the rock hauled out of some of these ponds because my woods is next to a large one. Some of them are easily 60 plus feet deep where there was good granite deposits. West of Junction City they even used dynamite to get out the rock. Now they all look like nice little ponds but some are very deep.

4/23/15 @ 7:05 PM
Brother of the brush
User since 1/22/12
From my understanding, the road building company has to replace wetlands destroyed by the road building by constructing ponds. If I'm not mistaken, the dirt from the ponds has little to do with the road construction.

4/23/15 @ 1:53 PM
goldeagle1p3
goldeagle1p3
User since 1/19/09
You can go to search lakes on this site for them counties that you see them ponds and lakes in and you will see if they have any boat landings and or other.. Hope this helps.. you can search for any lake online.. Cool

4/18/15 @ 8:01 AM
Cronk
User since 4/18/12
Thanks brews. yup that answers all of them. I was thinking how cool it would be to spend a full day hoppin from one to the other. Lots of water to explore there.

Thanks again

Cronk

4/18/15 @ 2:39 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
To answer all your questions. They are from when they made the road, they dug out the gravel and rock and used it to build the road base. No they are not public, they are on private land and off of the right of way. And yes they do have fish in them, either from natural reproduction or landowners stocking them. Hope that answers your questions.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.