SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

steelhead fishing

10/28/16 @ 7:12 PM
INITIAL POST
david becker
User since 7/24/11
Went steelhead fishing over by grand rapids Michigan last weekend. Had no luck in the rivers. The locals were saying they were a week out yet. Kings made their way up river 2 weeks before. Saw a couple pretty beaten up. When are the Steelhead expected to run up river in the Shaboygen or 2 rivers area. New to all this.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/19/19 @ 11:35 AM
jboutdoorguy
User since 6/15/12

Nice video! I might be looking to get a guide for this next week if any are available? Can anyone recommend someone? Is the south shore of Lake Superior good for this now? That would be the closest for me. 

4/15/19 @ 9:02 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

Here's another video similar to the one previously posted.  These fish were caught on spawn instead.

4/5/19 @ 11:04 AM
Ranger34
User since 9/12/02

Awesome job and video! We are just getting in to fishing beads and just got back from Muskegon Michigan fishing steelhead with my two boys and father and they only use beads on a double bead rig. Had a blast with our guides. As far as fishing here I have been Steelheading for about 15 years now and can't wait for spring here are a couple from this year in SE Wisconsin

4/4/19 @ 3:05 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

This is my first experience with the spring steelhead run.  I can see how guys could get addicted to it!

Check out my YouTube page:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tdopdXptAyRUdgZv6xNkw

Hit the subscribe button.  It's free!

10/31/16 @ 12:05 AM
Midwestern_Angler
Midwestern_Angler
User since 1/13/15

Good question and a good answer! 

Me and my buddy were just wondering about this.

10/29/16 @ 9:02 AM
waterboy
User since 7/2/01

David, 

Usually around the gun deer season is when I start to look for them in those areas.

Good luck!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE