SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Spooner wi

11/12/19 @ 12:37 PM
INITIAL POST
Ireland1172
User since 11/12/19

Was wondering if anyone has a clue on how thick the ice is near spooner Wisconsin. Thinking about driving up this weekend or next weekend and doing some ice fishing. Thank you!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
12/13/19 @ 4:30 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Call AAA sport shop they are only a half mile from the west landing, Snow depth on shore is 24 '' plus so there is a lot of snow on the first ice shorelines, very tough walking. I wouldnt be surprised to have water come up through  holes once they are punched,a lot of weight on relatively thin ice. Most smaller lakes have 5-7" ice close to shore but out farther there have been several freeze thaws so making it very dangerous because of varying freezes with different thickness.

12/13/19 @ 9:26 AM
Bud Wise 2
Bud Wise 2
User since 9/5/13

ice conditions? please!!!

11/18/19 @ 7:54 PM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
User since 2/17/05

Most small shallow lakes are good to go around Spooner but check ice conditions as you go and go with someone else. Spud your way out, have flotation, a rope and ice picks. 

11/14/19 @ 9:37 PM
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05

My porch camera showed full lake freeze up Tuesday of last week. This is on a 300 acre lake about 15 miles outside of Spooner. I have to imagine there would be three to five inches by this weekend but that is just a guess. I'll be up next weekend for Deer hunting and will definitely be drilling some holes!

11/13/19 @ 5:30 PM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

Send a message to dbuckmann, he is from that area

11/13/19 @ 2:33 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

might have better luck asking the fishing reports for the lakes in the area

Washburn cty lakes list: https://www.lake-link.com/wisconsin-lakes/washburn-county/791/

Fishing reports: https://www.lake-link.com/wisconsin-fishing-reports/

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE