SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

SMELT LOCATIONS ASHLAND

3/21/20 @ 5:21 PM
INITIAL POST
utahman
User since 3/9/03

There are many locations that are public property . I have not checked all of them out personally. Some like Prentice park and the boat club by anglers are no good because of debris. You can research property ownership at ASHLAND COUNTY. WI EXTREME. Despite what people may say you can access the shore at a lot of places. The Ashland County WI Extreme maps used to show  the right of way,'' ROW '' as it would on  on other counties extreme sites. BUT YOU CAN STILL FIGURE IT OUT. I do not know how to print out a map but I will give you addresses . These are all east of pamida which I consider to be the better places. I had a place up on Lake Park road to go to and also did well at Americinn therefore east of Bayview Park.  between 2301-2401 lakeshore ROW    between 2419-2501 Lakeshore ROW N25th ave E    ROW EAST of  3401 Lake  Park Road which is Bretting    between 4117-4205 Lake Park Road ROW     between 4221-4303 Lake Park road  ROW    between 4321-4401 Lake Park road ROW  I dont advocate trespass but you have to know where you are, if in doubt ask the the neighbor, they will always tell you they own it, if you show them a map they are wrong.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/13/21 @ 5:29 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Second Landing is the location I posted next to the rod and gun club. Never knew that is what it was called and never been there. Is there enough frontage to seine or is it too rocky

4/2/21 @ 1:11 PM
lgam
User since 12/12/11

Since Ashland does not want our business my fishing group stays in Bayfield Co. We also eat and get our other necessities there. Has anyone ever fished Smelt on the Washburn side of bay with any success?

4/2/21 @ 4:24 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

I see another spot located at 67004 sloughs lane, the parcel just west, of North Wisconsin rod and gun club, its owned by ASHLAND county. If you see a plot that says no parcels found it is city of ashland right of way. The maps used to have ROW posted on those but they dont anymore. The one next to Bretting goes to the lake then there are two parcels on either side that say city of ashland the one on the west goes halfway down the shore in front of Bretting.You will see it on the map. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE