Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Shore fishing Vilas County

10/14/20 @ 10:19 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I reconnected with a guy I went to high school with on Facebook a few years back. His grandparents had a place in Vilas and he visited them frequently, with some minor success catching a few bass and northerns over the years. Recently a casualty of the United Airlines layoffs and also lost his grandpa, so he's passing the time hanging with his grandma up there. He's commented on my pics more than once that he's never caught a walleye, and with being shorebound for the most part, it's not a big surprise.

It's not likely that I'll be making a trip up there to get him on a boat to increase his chances, but are there any lakes up there where he'd stand a chance at catching something from the boat launch area?  He wouldn't know what to do with one if he kept it, so he's strictly C&R. I suppose the easiest answer is just hit as many as possible and eventually he should succeed, but there are a LOT of lakes up there lol.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/20/20 @ 11:36 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

I think it is Oneida Co, but there are several shore spots on the Rainbow Flowage as well as below the Rainbow dam to catch eyes from shore.

10/19/20 @ 1:38 PM
BoboJay
BoboJay
User since 1/24/15

Try the Burnt Rollways dam. Both above and below the dam

10/19/20 @ 10:11 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Whether or not he gives them a shot is up to him now. But at the very least, I may check them out myself if I find myself back up that way. After two trips there this summer after a very prolonged absence, I hope it's not another 17 years!

10/14/20 @ 9:17 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Walk around the shoreline of Lost Lake a little bit by the softball park. 

10/14/20 @ 8:50 PM
big ken
User since 6/3/06

There is a handicap accessible pier on Butternut Lake. It is by the carry in launch not the bigger launch. Caught a number of smallmouth there this summer.  Around 10 ft. of water around it. Cannot say if there are walleye in the area, but it is worth exploring. 

10/14/20 @ 8:02 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Take a look at T-Docks boat landing in Eagle River. Nice piers located on Eagle River where it meets Yellow Birch. Decent fishing for a mixed bag. Not far from 70. 

10/14/20 @ 2:18 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

I’ve done well around the dock on LONG LAKE in Phelps but only AT or AFTER dark.  It should be good there soon after turnover.   Quietness is a must!   CARPIO 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.