Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Shore fishing slobs

10/19/20 @ 7:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Hothead
User since 10/9/05

The other day I took a ride to check out some shore fishing spots and was irritated with all the trash I found. Cups, cans, bait containers and paper. I've never understood why you have to throw the stuff on the ground and not pack it out when you leave. It was heavier when you walked in. And the people that are doing this will be the first ones to complain that the area is closed to fishing. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/19/20 @ 6:13 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I don't talk about this much, but it does bother me a ton.  I clean up trash often at shore fishing locations that are popular.  Hustisford Spillway is brutal.  Grafton location where you port your canoe into the MKE River is bad.  I clean up almost every time I go to those spots.  I put that in my videos sometimes, to maybe encourage people to be cleaner, but they don't.  Also, it's easy to say it isn't fisherman, but that's simply not true.  Half the trash I clean up are old worm containers, packaging for lures, etc.  If you see someone doing this, call them out on it.  They don't deserve to share our water if they won't help keep it clean.

10/19/20 @ 2:19 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

It is mostly everywhere, but I noticed that this occurs at the same places more or less and not at others...

Or maybe I got to those other places after you guys... 

I can't imagine locals doing this, but yet we have the same thing happen here in Illinois, I doubt people from Wisconsin come to fish and litter...

Sad... Actually a sick feeling...

I even put the cut off tag ends from my fishing line in my pocket. . Butts from cigarettes in the cellophane of my pack when I use to smoke...  It didn't matter where I was fishing... Just a habit... Take the crap with you!

Thieves/Poachers/Litterbugs (scourge of the outdoors/sports)

10/19/20 @ 1:39 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

These are the same people who are too lazy to return shopping carts to their proper stalls.   CARPIO 

10/19/20 @ 1:38 PM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

same can be said about public hunting areas as well. i hope i run into the worthless slobs who do this. 

10/19/20 @ 11:33 AM
Mountain
User since 1/7/02

I live in De Pere and am constantly picking up trash/line/soda bottles/junk up by the dam area. There are enough trash cans where folks can dispose of things properly. I always carry spare plastic bags to pick up trash whenever I kayak fish up north or launch my boat at any landing. 

10/19/20 @ 9:53 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

I'm with you I never understood this myself. And there is a lot of people doing it. I caught an old guy throwing garbage out of his car by a thrift shop. His car had navy stickers on the back of his SUV. I asked the man is this what they thought you in the Navy. And then I proceeded to give him an ear full. There was a garbage can 20 feet away from where he was throwing the stuff out of his car. Long story short I don't think he will be littering anytime soon

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.