Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Shore fishing from Bohner Lake Racine?

6/27/16 @ 8:47 PM
ORIGNAL POST
rattlereffect
User since 6/10/04

My Buddy, his Daughter, My dad and I are looking for some good lakes to shore fish from. We dont have a boat and my dad is handicapped so wee need to find onshore fishing. We saw Bohner lake(sp?) is good fishing but need to know if we can fish from shore. Thank you for any and all information.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/30/16 @ 8:30 PM
rattlereffect
User since 6/10/04

Thanks everyone for the great information. I appreciate it.

6/28/16 @ 1:13 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

The John Margis JR Wildlife Area always was an excellent place to fish for bass when I used to live down that way.  It's been about 12 years since I've been there, but there was always boardwalks there in a lagoon, which is right below the dam for bohner's lake.  Lots of lily pads and excellent topwater fishing is what I remember.  If that place still is there, I'd give it a try.

6/28/16 @ 6:25 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

You can fish in the launch area and maybe on the side of the beach. Just make sure you're not at the private launch or beach. Echo lake has a lot of public shoreline. Bathrooms and parking. River also. Might want to also consider Rochester for river fishing. They have construction right next door on the bridge so it won't be to quiet. Would like to hear about your family trip after you decide! Good luck. Might get a Pike at Echo.

6/27/16 @ 11:00 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

the DNR lists possible shore fishing sites as well, I don't think it is complete, but can point you to some opportunities

dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands/boataccess/

6/27/16 @ 10:58 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I don't recall any public access to Bohners except for the launch...

Not sure what kind of fishing you are looking for or if it needs to be in/near Burlington, but they have some fishing sites listed in their parks directory

Echo park, Benson Park, and Meinhardt Park are listed with fishing

EDIT: forgot link

www.burlington-wi.gov/Facilities?clear=False

6/27/16 @ 9:57 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

I notice you've been a member for over 10 years. Where have you fished in the past? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.