SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Shiver Minnows in the spring?

2/1/23 @ 7:35 PM
INITIAL POST
all-eyes16
User since 8/25/09

Anyone have luck ripping shivers in the spring or is it strictly a summer presentation?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/20/23 @ 10:08 AM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18
Vegas, I’ve never tried hair jigs, I have heard about it from others, I’ll have to give it a whirl this spring. Any special size or color?
2/20/23 @ 8:33 AM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18
I start using shiver minnows once the eyes move out into 20ft. I have good luck in the fall out on the reef.
2/7/23 @ 9:29 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

I've had good luck with them in the spring after the walleye river runs are done. Usually in shallow, 3 to 6 fow  flats off the the river mouths around Green Bay.

2/7/23 @ 12:05 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I've caught some fish on shiver minnows in the spring on the Green Bay system.  And no, not the rivers.

They can work.  But what I've found is that they work when the fish are most active.  When fish are more neutral, forget about it.  Ripping Raps and hair jigs all day long.

It's like when they eat, they EAT!!!  I don't think it much matters what you put down there.  But overall, the hair jigs, twisters and rippin' raps will by far outproduce them in the spring.

2/2/23 @ 9:06 AM
Jerry Ruffolo
PRO MEMBER User since 6/18/01

Generally the Rippin Rap is the go-to for spring, and the shiver/ripper minnow is best for summer and fall.  That's not to say they won't work in spring though.  Good luck!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE