SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Reinke Brothers

7/13/20 @ 7:24 PM
INITIAL POST
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Reinke Brothers closing Nov. 1st. Sad day for ALL AREA FISHERMEN! COVID-19 victim! Non essential business! The only non essential business is THE CITY OF MILWAUKEE GOVERNMENT! 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
7/22/20 @ 8:44 AM
HAMFIST
User since 6/11/08

Aw crap. In my misspent youth, I did not get to fish much due to various life circumstances, but had a real obsession. I tied flies more than I fished, and periodic trips to Reinke Brothers were the bomb.

The fact that you can buy flies for a few cents from overseas and order materials online ... yeah, I can see how that would give them a hard way to go. Would prefer them to get serious about the web and carve out their niche there. A real loss ...

7/21/20 @ 11:45 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

link to a couple videos from a local TV station where they interviewed Bob and got a little of the history....

...included are there hours and the fact that covid-19 is what shut them down

https://www.cbs58.com/news/fishing-store-reinke-bros-just-reeling-from-this-pandemic-its-closing-for-good-soon

...lived on 24th & Greenfield until halfway thru 3rd grade when we moved ... I remember having to get permission to cross 27th street so I could hang out at Reinkes... there was also a penny candy store along the way!! lol

7/21/20 @ 7:25 AM
Gtuna
User since 3/26/04

Fridays 9-3? check there face book page

7/19/20 @ 6:07 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

anyone know if they are open during the week at all?

7/19/20 @ 12:57 PM
Bruno1
User since 3/21/14

That is sad.  I have been shopping there since the '70s when the father was running the shop.  It was a favorite hangout for Bill Binkleman.  What are they doing with all their inventory?

Bruce

7/19/20 @ 10:04 AM
Geneva Kid
Geneva Kid
PRO MEMBER User since 1/1/06

Definitely sad news! I took a couple trips there yearly for rod building components. Those guys that ran that place were awesome, always friendly and great to deal with. Well I hope they enjoy their retirement. They most certainly deserve it!

Thanks Guys!

7/18/20 @ 3:52 PM
wini
User since 3/27/06

I believe it could still be purchased for the right price!

7/18/20 @ 2:00 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

I did business with Bob’s dad since 1958!  I used to sell jigs commercially under tthe name  “ ALLURE TACKLE CO”.They never used a spoonful of paint on the place since then. Lol.       Too bad! CARPIO 

7/18/20 @ 12:31 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

I think I have some of the old lakes maps they printed and sold. Just got to find the old box that has all the old maps in it. I know I had one for North Lake, Wi that was an excellent resource when you could get on that lake at old Tom Kuchlers boat landing by the river.

7/18/20 @ 11:58 AM
wtw_fisherman
User since 8/12/09

In the 70's I would drive in to Milwaukee from Fort Atkinson to get jig hooks and molds and paint. Love that place.

7/14/20 @ 12:02 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

I talked with the owner of that store about 3 years ago he said it's so hard to compete with online retailers. I used to get all my rod blanks from him. When I went in there he did not have one rod blank he told me he didn't think he was going to be in business much longer. Another sad day for mom and pop stores. 

7/14/20 @ 11:38 AM
duxup
User since 8/5/05

Wow, that place is legendary. Need to get there to stock up on stuff.

7/14/20 @ 11:13 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

sad to hear... I was going there as a kid... the old wood floors ( back then ) and display cabinets were awesome, and there was questions I had, and stories got told... fond memories!

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE