SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

reduced bag limit Winnebago system

2/26/20 @ 9:56 AM
INITIAL POST
capt.spanky
User since 6/12/02

Effective 04/01/2020 daily bag on walleyes is reduced to 3 fish no size limit. Details on dnr website. 

Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
2/27/20 @ 8:56 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

I have talked to a few guys and they say they will cull to get there limit of bigger eyes  Culling is not allowed in Wisconsin

2/27/20 @ 8:55 AM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

The ceded territory is 5 a day, 3 from 1 lake, other 2 from a different lake. 5 total

2/27/20 @ 7:25 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

How about this for an idea keep the limit 5 but only 1 line per angler state wide this would probable crush the charters on Lake Michgan but would be fair for the fish just my opinion and I have been wrong before but it seems If you get your limit with 1 line your working harder for those fish  Thanks

2/26/20 @ 3:41 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

I don’t think it will work out well. In general the people who fish the system a fair amount have a personal slot limit of somewhere in the 13-20” range. I foresee a lot of culling for bigger fish and the 20”+ fish taking a hit just for the extra meat to make up for the meat they would have got from 5 smaller fish. 

If anything needed to be done, it was to reduce the limit from March 1- opener from 5 to 2 fish. 

2/26/20 @ 12:40 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I hope this takes some of the pressure off the 12" fish, hopefully some of those get released now.

Unfortunately this will just push many to the Bay with the higher limit yet. 

2/26/20 @ 10:25 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

On the Lake Winnebago System, the daily bag limit for walleye and sauger will decrease to three in total, with only one being a sauger. No size limit will apply. The Winnebago System includes Lakes Buttes des Morts, Winneconne, Poygan, Winnebago and all their tributaries from their mouths upstream to the first dam. This includes the Fox River from Lake Winnebago upstream to the dam above Princeton and all its tributaries from their mouths upstream to the first dam and the Wolf River from its mouth upstream to the dam in the city of Shawano and all its tributaries from their mouths upstream to the first dam including Cincoe lake, Partridge Crop lake and Partridge lake in Calumet, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Marquette, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca, Waushara and Winnebago counties.

Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE