SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Questions about Winnebago

5/6/21 @ 12:00 AM
INITIAL POST
Skippppy
User since 5/5/21

My folks are retired and looking at houses on the water. They found a few on lower Eastern side. I am not familiar with the area looking for feedback. 

I know the lake can get windy and generate waves. Is the SE side any better or worse than anywhere else?

After looking at lake maps, I noticed there is a lot of shallow water before the drop. Wondering about how weedy it is?  

Some lake maps show 2’ range along shore pretty far out. Any issues with piers or docking?   

Any advice I can relay is appreciated. 

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
5/7/21 @ 2:33 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

I know the lake can get windy and generate waves. Is the SE side any better or worse than anywhere else? All depends which way the wind is blowing.

After looking at lake maps, I noticed there is a lot of shallow water before the drop. Wondering about how weedy it is?  Can be pretty shallow a ways out before it gets chest deep. With zebra mussels water clarity is very good with weed growth I have never seen before.

Some lake maps show 2’ range along shore pretty far out. Any issues with piers or docking? Most docks I see have a lift for their boats and ladder to get up to pier.

Hope this helps.

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE