LOGIN
Lake-Link

Quest to catch 50 different fish species in Wisconsin

11/18/16 @ 5:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I'm turning 40 tomorrow.  I figure, I'm not going to get better at anything athletically, but I still want to have some goals in life.  I like fishing, but I don't get out there as much as I'd like.  To motivate myself and to keep it interesting, I decided to set a goal of catching 50 different species of fish here in my home state of Wisconsin.  And to add to the difficulty, I have to catch each as I'm filming it.  I'm going to post each video to this thread, and I'm also going to need help as I go.  Any tips on how to catch different species of fish would be greatly appreciated.  Here's the first fish I caught on video, the Bigmouth Buffalo by the Hustisford Dam.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 212 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 9:58 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I know there’s some Peawaukee fishermen on this rag! They might have already PM’d you. I’m even excited for you to complete your hard to do goal!!!! Good luck!!! 

8/3/20 @ 4:52 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16
Thinking of fishing Pewaukee Lake for muskies with my little guy this week.  Any tips?

7/26/20 @ 11:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Love how you involve the kids in your videos. That's great! Too many times I see guys fishing a lot, while their kids stay at home. Good to enjoy the hobby together! They will always remember the times!

7/16/20 @ 7:33 AM
GOT'EM FIRST
GOT'EM FIRST
User since 6/9/05

Dave, check your messages...

7/15/20 @ 7:21 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

When it comes to Musky, I've never actually caught one the few times I specifically went Musky fishing on purpose.  But I've caught a bunch by accident fishing for other species.  My recommendation- go bass fishing on a body of water that has Musky and use a white skirted spinnerbait. That's the way I usually get them

7/15/20 @ 3:00 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Still trying.  I did make an amendment to my species list because of this fishing trip.

6/15/20 @ 2:20 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Still trying.  No success yet.

6/5/20 @ 4:05 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Thanks ifishwi for posting the article.  Also, thanks everyone for the continued tips and advice.  Someone here told me about the fish finder website for Wisconsinites.  I made a video about it and then caught a nice Brook Trout.  Check out this link - https://cida.usgs.gov/wdnr_fishmap/map/ - and also check out the video if you need an explanation on how the website works.

6/4/20 @ 10:49 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Thanks  ifish ! 

6/4/20 @ 9:15 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Thanks ifishwi... nice article 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 212 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.