Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Quest to catch 50 different fish species in Wisconsin

11/18/16 @ 5:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I'm turning 40 tomorrow.  I figure, I'm not going to get better at anything athletically, but I still want to have some goals in life.  I like fishing, but I don't get out there as much as I'd like.  To motivate myself and to keep it interesting, I decided to set a goal of catching 50 different species of fish here in my home state of Wisconsin.  And to add to the difficulty, I have to catch each as I'm filming it.  I'm going to post each video to this thread, and I'm also going to need help as I go.  Any tips on how to catch different species of fish would be greatly appreciated.  Here's the first fish I caught on video, the Bigmouth Buffalo by the Hustisford Dam.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 199 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 8:17 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

You win some and lose some. I think you were on the winning side on that trip. You had a bite and you saw a few. That’s pretty damn good for a 1st trip!! Good luck Brother and I know you’re not too far away. I was just Muskie fishing the past weekend and didn’t see one in a lake that has plenty of them. I learned that you have to retrieve both fast and slow to see what’s working that day. My 2 cents. Lol

6/2/20 @ 8:40 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Any tips or places I should visit are greatly appreciated.  

5/31/20 @ 1:59 PM
Fishingfarmer 101
User since 6/21/19

I know a place where you can catch some very nice tigers pretty easily 

5/31/20 @ 1:54 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

TIEf.    You deserve your 15 minutes of fame!   CARPIO 

5/31/20 @ 12:13 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

We’re in the paper!

5/29/20 @ 2:14 AM
go2fish
User since 9/19/10

Awesome! I don't press the right buttons or hit the "like", but i been watchin and enjoyin since about fish #9. I went back and watched the rest. This one is fantastic - the river, scenery, love that part of the state. Did you see any eagles? Going back there soon. Campground folks friendly and accommodating? Good luck with the musky, oughta be a hoot! Keep on keepin on - U CAN DO IT

5/27/20 @ 11:31 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I really hope you get number 50...but on the other hand, the thought of your quest being over makes me a bit sad. It's been fun sharing this adventure and I don't want it to end!!!

5/27/20 @ 7:16 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Great job Tiefsa!!! One to go!!!! You’ll get a Muskie no problem. You are 1 step away from your goal. You also 3 different ways you can catch a Muskie, so you’re in there!!!!! I’m happy for ya and respect your do-diligence!!! 

5/26/20 @ 3:12 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I thought I posted this, but apparently not... I caught species 49!  It was a shovelnose sturgeon, and I caught it while fishing with a writer from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel!  Here's the video link. One to go!  I've got to buy a few things and then I'm going after the muskellunge!

5/25/20 @ 2:41 PM
Fish-Tails
Fish-Tails
User since 5/4/20

Great goal and theme to continue working at!  Reminds of 39 hours but more involved.  Have you caught a largemouth yet?  I know where you might find some if you have not yet!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 199 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.