LOGIN
Lake-Link

Purchase and install electronics

3/21/21 @ 11:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Fish-Will-Travel
Fish-Will-Travel
MEMBER SINCE 7/18/11

I'm looking to upgrade my electronics and have someone do the install.  Electronics will include new fishfinder/gps/SI/DI and trolling motor.  New wiring will be needed I'm sure.

Any suggestions for vendors/marinas would be great, particualarly for installation.  I can by the parts on the internet but I can't purchase the installation on the internet? (:

Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/7/21 @ 10:09 AM
BadgerRedd
USER SINCE 3/11/07

Bringing this back up to see if anybody has used any of the businesses on this site and if they were pleased? (ie: Norton's Dry Dock, Dave's Turf & Marine) Not sure where the OP was located but I used 2 examples within an hour of Madison.

3/25/21 @ 6:29 AM
fishngod
USER SINCE 3/14/07

You didn't say where abouts you are looking to have it installed. Tim Newman at Brew City Trolling Motors is great for that kind of work. He's in South Milwaukee and Oak Creek area. He will come to your house or you can drop it off at various sites.

3/23/21 @ 5:53 AM
Edge
USER SINCE 2/28/07

Badger, yes I purchased a Garmin unit from them and had installed. They did a very good job and there price when I bought was cheaper than cabelas.  They are a Garmin distributor. Would buy from them again.

3/22/21 @ 7:18 PM
BadgerRedd
USER SINCE 3/11/07

Anybody use a place called The Boat Doc? Just curious as the name is intriguing and sounds like what the OP is looking for.

3/22/21 @ 2:32 PM
Major Mark
Major Mark
USER SINCE 5/20/05

I have had good experiences at Morse Powersports, just 1 mile north of the Dells on Hwy 13, Always done on time, properly done, fair pricing, and more times than not, under quote!

Morse Powersports

3/22/21 @ 2:29 PM
John Schultz
John Schultz
USER SINCE 3/14/14

Spellman's in Oshkosh could probably take care of you. I've had Eric install a lot of stuff for me over the years and would trust him with anything. 

EyeChaser Guide Service
(608) 225-2395
3/22/21 @ 8:12 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

For me I installed a helix7 and a Min n kota terrova i pilot my self really not that hard just basic wiring and mounting also make it easier if you have a problem in the future. But if you want someone to do it just about any boat dealer should a few friends had electronics installed at mw marine they do good work just $100+ for labor. 

3/22/21 @ 6:14 AM
44/45
MEMBER SINCE 3/9/11

Anchor's Aweigh in Waukesha did good for me!

3/21/21 @ 7:57 PM
newoodhntr
MEMBER SINCE 12/11/01

I think ThenSportsmans Repair Shop  in Mosinee may be about to do that for you. 

3/21/21 @ 5:10 PM
gater
USER SINCE 11/25/07

You might want to call your local marine to see if there installers do instalation on boats and accessories not purchased there.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Meet Grizzly Coolers. Made right here in the USA and loaded with features that can't be beat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Hard-Sided Coolers
The Rapala® Rain Jacket and Bib Series are built on high expectations, combining advanced technology performance with upgraded waterproof and breathable components for more extreme conditions. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala Pro Rain Suit
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.