House value

just looking for your Thoughts

Thanks in Advance

<*(())<>

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
9/26/19 @ 2:51 PM
bigstorm
User since 1/10/05

I grew up on Lake WI, still fish it often but recently bought land near the south end of Petenwell. I do ice fish Castle Rock and Pete, also open water fish Pete some, but I like the fact that there are way less people around Pete than Castle Rock, and Im still close enough to take a 20min drive to fish Castle Rock if I want to

I would guess that there is more boat traffic on Lake WI in the summer than there is on Pete and Pete is 4 to 5 times bigger

9/23/19 @ 1:02 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

I live very close to LW and fish it often. I would rank the fishing close to Petenwell but not quite as good. Lots of fishing pressure. Very busy on summer weekends with pleasure craft. Very little undeveloped shoreline. A number of places to tie up for food and drink.

When I fish it on the weekends I get off the water by 10am. If you like to pleasure boat and entertain you'd probably like it. Lots of party goers up on the sandbars. 

9/23/19 @ 12:13 PM
I Wire Em
User since 7/19/01

Thank You Everyone for your Thoughts !!!!!

Hate to throw another one in the Mix .......

But how does Lake Wisconsin fit  in ?? I know its part of the 

Wisconsin River ...... Thanks !!

<*(())<>

9/18/19 @ 7:57 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Petenwell.You have less traffic,better fishing.Castle Rock has good fishing also,but it 10,000 idiots out in tuna boats on the weekends.

9/18/19 @ 6:52 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
What CZAR1 said.
9/17/19 @ 1:53 PM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

More variety of water/structure at much closer distances on Castle Rock. More places to get out of the wind on Castle Rock.

Petenwell is going to be much longer drives, rougher water, but more space.

There are pros and cons to both...depends on you.

9/17/19 @ 12:06 PM
czar1
czar1
User since 7/2/09

Petenwell is way more isolated. Fishing is better. You want too feel like your away petenwell allday. They both have alge problems certain times of the year but u can find clear water almost always. If you wanna party then Castle rock. Nice thing is there not far from eachother.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE