Hello, fellow pelican lake anglers. New to posting Lake Link.Reading the reports page and seeing all the discussion over the years, I thought a page over here could open up a little more on the topic of fish numbers and lake status/conditions and leave the report page for reporting. I fish the lake about a total of 20-30 days a year as my folks have a cottage on the water, fished it growing up as well. I agree, BIG changes over the years. Weed growth and panfish numbers most notable too me. I’m not opposed to the installation of fish habitat-cribs. They can be death traps for fish but we would need to protect the panfish that are exposed to exploitation. I believe protection of panfish is long overdue on this lake anyway. 15 total only 10 of one species is my thought. With the lack of weed cover for young panfish to hide in it will be a long recovery if at all. As far as the Rustys, I have noticed that their numbers are not what I remember. Are they cycling down with weed growth? Seems that would make sense.  I look forward to reading thoughts on improving this lake, look forward to posting reports of increasing success in the future. Disappearing bobbers to all.

Warp