MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Northern Wisconsin lakeside cabins

12/3/21 @ 5:54 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

My brother and his son are coming in from Seattle, and I'm trying to find a great place to stay for a week of fishing in the North Woods. We are specifically looking for somewhere on a not so big lake, where I could dock a boat that has very good fishing and seclusion. They love to catch pike but smallies and walleye would be great too!! Heck, good pan-fishing for shore lunch would be spectacular. I really don't want to stay in a large resort with a bunch of cabins. We are really looking for seclusion if this is at all possible. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm starting my search early, and we plan on doing this in early fall. Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
12/6/21 @ 9:31 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

First two weeks of June were always my favorite time to fish in Vilas County.

Weeds are emerging.  Muskies are open and usually chowing after their spawn.  Eyes are in the weeds.  Crappies are in the weeds.

It is a great time to be up there!  Good luck in your search.

12/5/21 @ 2:50 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Many places (cabins and resorts) are fully booked for June, July, and August of 2022.

That said, I think you’d have a fair shot at finding something the first week of June, as school isn’t out yet, so it’s typically slower than the rest of the summer. 

Plus the fishing is usually pretty good the first week in June too. 

12/5/21 @ 8:40 AM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Sorry FV.screaming drags i sent request to svitreum.

12/5/21 @ 12:04 AM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Friend request didn't come through on my end c munyon

12/4/21 @ 8:15 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

sv friend request sent.

12/4/21 @ 7:41 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

Please be aware that most of the vacation rental postings on Craigslist are scams. They take photos and descriptions from sites like VRBO use them as their own. Most of the scammers allow pets and typically put Prrr, Prrr or Bow wow in the pet portion of the listing. PayPal down payments are the scammers goal. Good Luck

12/4/21 @ 5:41 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Hardest part is gonna be finding something during the time we plan on doing this. Now my brother wants to do it in June. His new job is very stressful, and he doesn't think he can wait til September. LOL. He was supposed to go to Europe (G.B. and Poland), to see an old friend, but the travel restrictions I guess are still a nightmare. I'll figure it out. Thanks for all of the help guys. So far, everything I've looked at seems very nice and would certainly meet our goals.

12/4/21 @ 2:54 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Yeah it's a beautiful area our family has had a cabin on pi lake for 43 years now and I love every minute that I get to spend up there. And I've known Bob for years now and except for the shell he built everything himself and was very meticulous about everything and it shows. But I've stayed at various places from presqueisle to st Germain and eagle River and all are beautiful places to visit and vacation just do your research and you'll find what you're looking for!

12/4/21 @ 1:29 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

That place looks awesome FV!

Presque Isle is a nice area too!

Also agree that the St Germain chamber lists lots of neat places:

You can filter by home, resort, campground, hotel etc - easy to kill an hour looking:

Click here

12/3/21 @ 9:59 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

My buddy rents his cabin on averill lake which is part of the presqueisle lake chain and has good fishing for eyes and smallmouth etc. It's at the end of a dead end road and very secluded with no neighbors in sight. And a very nice cabin!

Northern Wisconsin lakeside cabins photo by Fv.screaming drags.com
12/3/21 @ 9:46 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I'm starting to see a pattern here. LOL. I'll check Brent out. Thx guys.

12/3/21 @ 7:53 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Woodlands nice place nice lake 

12/3/21 @ 7:43 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

A place you can try. The owner posts on Lake-Link often. 

Northern Wisconsin lakeside cabins photo by eyesman
12/3/21 @ 6:47 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Thanks for the suggestion.

12/3/21 @ 6:32 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Contact local Chamber or tourism bureau..ask for property managers ..who will hv independent property available..btw these are not cheap possible 1000$ a week but usually first class accomodation...try St Germain chamber

Good luck

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE