Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Northern Wisconsin Bass Fishing Vacation

7/29/16 @ 7:12 AM
ORIGNAL POST
X-Rap2
User since 3/3/09

Hello Linkers.  I am looking at taking a fall vacation to the northwoods.  Most people this time of year are chasing skis or after eyes, but I would like to fish for big fall bronzebacks or even the green ones are fine too.  Can anybody recommend some northern Wisconsin lakes that are good for bassin and also possible resorts / hotels to stay close to the area?  Last year I took the little lady to North Twin in Phelps and that was a flop as it was no where near the bass lake I thought it might be.  Any recommendations up north whether it is west, central, or close to the UP (vilas cty) would be appreciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/9/17 @ 12:39 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

TFF is indeed a great smallmouth destination, and for a place to stay, you should check out Flambeau Vista... Scott and Kathy are great hosts, and the accommodations are first class

flambeauvista.com/

1/9/17 @ 7:51 AM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Turtle Flambeau Flowage is great for Smallmouth.  I recommend Donner's Bay Resort.

1/8/17 @ 6:28 PM
jolietmike
User since 1/8/17

would like to know how dennis and austin are fishing on harrisville mill pond?

8/8/16 @ 7:45 AM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
User since 6/18/13

Nelson,Callahan/Mud lake,Namakagon are all good LMB lakes. Round,and LCO are good SMB Lakes. All around Hayward area

8/3/16 @ 12:40 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Turtle Flambeau has some great smallmouth fishing available.. it is a very large body of water, so a guide may be advisable, or just read thru the reports on Lake-Link

a good source of information : www.turtleflambeauflowage.com/

you can get a map from them, and in the FISHING section, there are links to fishing reports

8/3/16 @ 11:49 AM
Fishy1960
User since 10/15/15

Nelson Lake  for LM bass- great fishing-shallow bite-easy! If you like big Smallys-try Big Round - 4#  19 inch plus  are commen-could get one in the 5-6# range. They hit great in the fall on deep rock bars- Both around Hayward

8/3/16 @ 11:40 AM
X-Rap2
User since 3/3/09

Thanks for the responses gents!  I will start doing some research and plan accordingly.  Anybody else have anything different please feel free to keep adding to the lake list!  Thanks again!!!

7/29/16 @ 11:26 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Great advice there...about Trout Lake.

Consider this....don't stay at a place on any lake.  If you do, you will more or less be "locked" into that lake.  If you are fishing Vilas County, move around.  Hit different lakes.  Doing that is a lot of fun.  If you are locked into staying at a resort on a lake, make sure it has a launch, or a launch is close by.  That way you will have great options when you want to fish.

If you look at the Cisco Chain, Jay's Resort is very nice and has a launch about 1/3 mile down the road.  Very convenient if you want to pull out of there and hit some other lakes in the area.

7/29/16 @ 11:23 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

If you are after a trophy ,Trout lake is hard to beat.  Smallies are footballs packed with crayfish.  Several motels in Boulder Junction 5 min. away.  Lots of other smaller lakes with good small mouth populations.  Pick up a Fishing the North Country fishing map book.  It is worth the money for the information you get about the lakes.  I've got the complete series for Vilas county.

7/29/16 @ 11:22 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

If you are after a trophy ,Trout lake is hard to beat.  Smallies are footballs packed with crayfish.  Several motels in Boulder Junction 5 min. away.  Lots of other smaller lakes with good small mouth populations.  Pick up a Fishing the North Country fishing map book.  It is worth the money for the information you get about the lakes.  I've got the complete series for Vilas county.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.