SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Northern WI-cabin/resorts where I can watch tip ups from

12/5/20 @ 4:30 PM
INITIAL POST
joeybigfish
User since 12/9/07

Baby #2 will be here any day. My wife and I enjoy ice fishing and are looking for a cabin/AirBnb to rent where we could watch flags from inside.

It would be our only chance to get any ice time in with a 2 year old and newborn. 

Don’t really care where, thinking Rhinelander/Tomahawk/Minocqua area. Anybody have any good experiences or places they’ve used in the past? 

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
12/6/20 @ 9:59 AM
thurston
User since 12/13/09

You better pay attention because the wardens will walk in to see if your paying CLOSE attention and set one of your tip ups off to see how long it takes for you to notice. It's happened twice to me. I think it's up their discretion if you were fast enough and if you get a ticket or not.

12/6/20 @ 9:10 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Live and learn I guess!    I feel for the folks who get fined when they had no idea they were doing wrong.   CARPIO 

12/5/20 @ 10:12 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

No problems with watching tip ups from your cabin.  I emailed the DNR on this and its acceptable. But they want you on the ball. If your flag is up for several minutes and you dont respond a fine is in order. 

On a seperate occasion  2 wardens did know I was in the cabin. They wanted to see my license but didnt have any issue with me being in the cabin watching tipups.  There is a certain amount of subjective leeway they allow you just dont abuse the issue as they want you attentive.

12/5/20 @ 6:33 PM
fishless123
User since 9/5/14

regulations?  there`s regulations on fishing?    huh.... who`d of thought.  C`mon, you must be kidding... in Vilas??  Ive called  the warden on a few occasions with the same response "Yea, that would be really tough to make stick.... but if you see anything else, be sure to call" 

How about you get off your butt and see whats really happening out there, instead of waiting for your phone to ring??

but to the original post, there is all kinds of  lakeside resorts where you can look out your window and see your flags...8x binoculars will even help you to see that much farther...........

good luck with the new baby...hope all goes well

12/5/20 @ 5:39 PM
Carpio
Carpio

It comes under “ Unattended Lines”.       CARPIO 

12/5/20 @ 5:35 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Unless there is a new law i have not heard of there is no 200' tip up law in Wisconsin.

12/5/20 @ 5:23 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Btw. You wld be within 200ft of tipup

12/5/20 @ 5:20 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Try Lofty Pines...St Germain Wisconsin 

Good lake ..at that resort several units close to water...nice drop off and weeds close to shore. Good lake..

Be my choice...nice resort..nice owner 

12/5/20 @ 4:51 PM
Carpio
Carpio

I believe that if you’re not within 200’ of your lines that would be illegal.   Check the Regulations.      CARPIO 

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE