LOGIN
Lake-Link

New way to kill time while Ice Fishing - Ice Mini Golf

1/29/18 @ 5:00 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

I'm not sure if this is new or not, but I went ice fishing on a golf course pond recently, and as a joke, I drilled a hole not all the way to the water to act as a cup for putting.  It was quite fun.  Doing this might be a great way to kill time if you are fishing with tip-ups.  Oh, and I caught a nice bass!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/30/18 @ 1:25 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

there was/is a bar in downtown Okauchee that use to set up an ice golf course on upper Okauchee and have a tournament for charity.

Jonathan Green would host it... tires were the "cup" and there were hazards like a carpet roll you had to go thru to advance, or the cups were perched on top of a pier... raffles for prizes... , and it was a lot of fun

it's been awhile since I lived there, so no idea if it still goes on

...enjoy your quest T!

1/29/18 @ 9:47 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08
We used to actually golf on the ice.  We would wait until a warmup occurred, followed by a freeze that would form a solid crust on the snow pack.  Then we would take our clubs out with bright colored golf balls (orange) and set several shallow cups in the crust, marked with sticks.  It was quite alot of fun.  Of course this required a bigger body of water than an actual golf course pond.

1/29/18 @ 9:18 PM
Shaneb
User since 2/22/17

I’ll be using this idea!!! Thanks!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.