MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Mississippi River Fishing - LaCrosse, WI

5/28/14 @ 3:24 PM
INITIAL POST
mbergmeister
mbergmeister
User since 5/6/13
I'd love to put in somewhere by La Crosse - has anyone had any experience around there? Pro's or Cons'? Best, Weekend Warrior
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
3/7/21 @ 6:14 PM
Kid4444
User since 8/29/14

Anywhere after the pools is awesome Miss. fishing. Lake Onalaska has an island near that will produce a nice variety.

3/11/18 @ 9:34 PM
Oalaskan
PRO MEMBER User since 10/2/14

I live in La Crosse, but like to do something different for several days once in a while. A friend I take has some physical issues and can no longer handle sleeping in a tent with a cot. 

What we are looking for is suggestions for a spot along the Mississippi River out of La Crosse a ways with a hotel nearby. Could be in Wis., Minn., or Iowa.

It never hurts to ask questions - that's how I've found some really neat inland spots to go camping/ fishing.

You can P.M. if you'd like.

Thanks

5/29/14 @ 7:04 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04
Any where you can put in is a good spot. There is so much water it would be hard to say on spot over another. With that said, the back water areas are most likely your best bet right now. The main channel can be productive but you have to watch out for the under water wing dams as they WILL tear your lower unit off if you hit one at speed. Goose Island and Onalaska near the dredge holes are probably a good place to start. Shafers bait and takle in Brice Priarie can put you on the fish. He is on the internet. Look him up and givem a call.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE