MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Menominee-General Questions

7/9/20 @ 9:28 AM
INITIAL POST
krishut41
User since 7/9/20

Hello all, 

Due to the border issues entering Canada our trip got cancelled for this year and we are looking for an alterntive. There are some good posts about the fishing in the Menominee River system. Any help would be appreciated. Also is the system deep enough for using a 19ft fiberglass bass boat. I know this is a shot in the dark but we are scrambling to find a place closer in the states.

KH

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
7/15/20 @ 5:58 PM
Bruno1
User since 3/21/14
Much of the M River system is shallow and rocky.  There are a series of dams with deeper water up stream from each dam.  You can find some fishing but it is not going to be like going to Canada.  I think you might be happier fishing one of the bigger lakes in Wisconsin.  Chippewa Flowage, Turtle Flambeau Flowage, Willow Flowage, or maybe the consider one of the bigger lakes in northern Minnesota.  Just my two cents.

7/15/20 @ 10:24 AM
betterthanwork09
betterthanwork09
User since 8/28/15

If you were willing to go to Canada maybe look into Lake of the woods or Turtle Flambeau Flowage 

7/14/20 @ 2:57 PM
TundraDriver
User since 9/25/19

I've fished a portion of the river north of Wausaukee several times. Pretty sure we were just south of the dam oh "K". Launch is at another dam on the south stretch of this section. Plenty deep for your boat. We did well on smallies, but were always there in summer. Watch yourself in a few areas, but we were all the way up near the north dam. Had a riot there using surface baits for the bass in 3-4 fow . Had a large muskie grab one but it eluded the net. Parking for maybe 4 rigs in the lot.  

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE