LOGIN
Lake-Link

Marquette county small lakes info?

5/16/18 @ 4:07 AM
ORIGNAL POST
woollyworm
woollyworm
User since 12/14/07

I have owned hunting land in Marquette county for over 25yrs and am finally building a cabin to hopefully retire to someday. I have never fished the areas small lakes near Oxford, but I would like to start exploring.  Any help narrowing my search would be greatly appreciated! The fishing reports board has nothing but extremely old posts on these small lakes. I enjoy fishing 4 panfish and bass, and I catch and release almost everything except enough 4 a few meals a yr. Thanks for any help here!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/17/18 @ 1:14 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I've fished quite a few of the smaller lakes in the area out of my kayak and ice fishing.  All the lakes are in the Oxford, Brooks, Westfield, Grand Marsh area.  All of them are loaded with northern pike and some good sized pike at that.  I maily bass or pike fish out of my kayak, but do get on the panfish on the ice.  I fish Lawrence, McGinnis, Patricks, Burnita, Neenah, Fenners, Peppermill mainly.  If you have any questions on those message me.

5/16/18 @ 6:09 PM
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

Wood lake is a nice lake for bass and panfish but when the power boats come out, it can get bad. I think the lake is like 100 acres, clean, clear and kinda deep. The launch can suck and the butt-hole that lives next to it, has thrown nails on the launch because he needs a beating. Pleasant lake is a good recreation lake with fair fishing, stunted bass with the occasional 2 - 3 lbs thrown in. Lawrence lake is also a fair fishing lake and I think it’s a no wake lake. There are many small lakes in that area to explore as well as Petenwell, Castle Rock and the Wisconsin River, all good fishing. Have fun !’

5/16/18 @ 6:44 AM
Cold Front
MEMBER since 7/9/01

I own some land closer to Montello. The smaller lakes around there , like Buffalo and Montello are shallow and very weedy. If I was living over that way, I would probably focus on Puck and Petenwell. Others may be more helpful on the smaller lakes. Mrt.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.