Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Madison Chain Weed Growth Discussion

8/4/22 @ 12:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

I fish Waubesa and Monona.  The typical heavy weedlines on Waubesa are just not there this year.  I noticed last year on Monona areas that usually had deep weeds were barren, and now this year that appears to have rebounded a bit, but the shallow weed lines are very thin in many areas. In fact, they are not lines, but pockets.  Specifically this year if the growth is slow, why are they still cutting the weeds?  Who manages the weed cutting to decide what is the right amount to leave?

For me, I have abandoned Waubesa.  I have been able to locate fish on Monona here and there, but it's a bummer I have to re-strategize after having years worth of experience to lean back on.  In a way the challenge is ok, but only to a point, then it's just frustrating, a guy's gotta eat!  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

8/5/22 @ 10:36 AM
Kramer
USER SINCE 10/26/10

https://lwrd.countyofdane.com/what-we-do/lake-management/aquatic-plant-management

My experience is very similar to yours, except I fish Mendota and Monona mostly.  I’ve included link to Dane County web page that’s pretty good. 

8/5/22 @ 8:55 AM
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

Yeah rivers are a challenge unto themselves.  

8/5/22 @ 6:40 AM
fishnhunt14
USER SINCE 4/17/07

Good thing you don't fish a river system where the conditions change daily.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
The Wobbler features a bent back for deep diving cranking action that gives the bait an erratic side-to-side kick. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Bio-Minnow Wobbler
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.