Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lowrance Map Options

7/1/18 @ 10:14 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Jeff Steffen
User since 5/22/16

I purchased a Lowrance Carbon unit recently and am searching for a cartography/map option that can provide greater contour depth detail.  The base maps - C-map, or Navionics are less detailed than that which I am accustomed to using (Lakemaster) and do not show the detailed structure in the area I generally fish in.  Has someone found a more detailed source?  Secondly, would the newest software upgrade provide improved depth readings? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/9/19 @ 9:59 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I've seen Lakemaster be much better than Navionics on certain bodies of water in Wisconsin.  And vice versa.  It is odd.  Not that you need to, but I have both chips.  

1/4/19 @ 4:29 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

Navionics is what I recommend! When you purchase a Navionics chart you should register it on the Navionics website. You get 1 year of free updates. Always update your chart before heading out fishing or boating so you get the most updated 1 foot contours. Tight Lines. #Navionics

7/1/18 @ 12:50 PM
pool 9 cathunter
User since 9/23/14

Unfortunately you won't find anything as good as Lakemaster for Wisconsin.

Navionics is better in some places Lowrance in others. Haven't seen the new C-MAP Insight so maybe better then the older Insight maps.

7/1/18 @ 11:31 AM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13

Navionics hotmaps chips work really well with Lowrance. I believe  you get a year of updates 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.