MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Lower Wisconsin River--Mazo to Arena

8/12/20 @ 6:42 PM
INITIAL POST
The Jim Jelak
User since 5/18/18

Hey Guys,

I've floated the lower Wisconsin many times in a canoe, but going out in a smaller fishing boat this weekend--15 footer with a 25hp Merc Bigfoot. Concerned about running aground sandbars or getting into similar issues outside the main channel. Water seems to be at normal or low levels/flow for late summer. I assume the main channel runs along the Northern/Western shore for most of the way. Is this correct? Or any other tips to mostly follow the main channel? Thanks in advance!

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
8/22/20 @ 7:58 PM
River Scout
User since 8/22/20
I was out two weeks ago and it was a hot mess for me. Water dropped 3000 CFS within a day or so and I stupidly didn't pay attention. Messed up my prop.  It's ever lower now.  

You can "maybe" pull it off on a smaller/lighter boat with till/trim way up, but go slow and be careful. If you have a depth finder, the better.  Bring oars too. 

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE