Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Locating Fish on Lowrance Fish Finder

4/15/21 @ 9:45 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Fishoargolf
USER SINCE 4/19/18

What boat speed do you use to locate baitfish or mark fish? I always hear about locating fish before starting to catch any. I either don't locate them or the boat speed is incorrect. Any specific recommendations on a particular model and boat travel speed?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/3/21 @ 1:08 PM
LacLaLarry
USER SINCE 3/27/13

Last week I plugged in my Lowrance Hook5 in the garage to make sure it works after storage.  It worked, marking a parade of fish on the screen!  Now I know to ignore thqt parade when I'm actually in water...

4/17/21 @ 10:22 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

youtube has a ton of How To videos on using your locator, some are specific to your model, others are just good info... you can search on YouTube for how to or your specific locator

this is a nice one on using side imaging, down imaging ... you can see speed on the locators during the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwbcd9MdWg8&t=101s

4/17/21 @ 9:59 AM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Usually trolling drifting or anchoring you should be able to mark both bait fish and game fish. But it isn't unusual to mark bait and fish but not catch any or to catch fish while marking little or nothing on the locator 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.