SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Locating Fish on Lowrance Fish Finder

4/15/21 @ 9:45 AM
INITIAL POST
Fishoargolf
User since 4/19/18

What boat speed do you use to locate baitfish or mark fish? I always hear about locating fish before starting to catch any. I either don't locate them or the boat speed is incorrect. Any specific recommendations on a particular model and boat travel speed?

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
5/3/21 @ 1:08 PM
LacLaLarry
User since 3/27/13

Last week I plugged in my Lowrance Hook5 in the garage to make sure it works after storage.  It worked, marking a parade of fish on the screen!  Now I know to ignore thqt parade when I'm actually in water...

4/17/21 @ 10:22 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

youtube has a ton of How To videos on using your locator, some are specific to your model, others are just good info... you can search on YouTube for how to or your specific locator

this is a nice one on using side imaging, down imaging ... you can see speed on the locators during the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwbcd9MdWg8&t=101s

4/17/21 @ 9:59 AM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

Usually trolling drifting or anchoring you should be able to mark both bait fish and game fish. But it isn't unusual to mark bait and fish but not catch any or to catch fish while marking little or nothing on the locator 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE