LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Lithium rechargeable fillet knives: Rapala R 12 or Bubba Pro?

3/19/23 @ 8:28 PM
INITIAL POST
killler
killler
PRO MEMBER User since 1/15/04

I looked at several blogs regarding this topic and amazingly, the comments are pretty split,  Anyone care to add to my confusion?

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
3/31/23 @ 9:56 AM
Meathooks
User since 5/7/17
I've had the Rapala for 3 years and absolutely love it. It took a few fish to get accustomed to the handling, but well worth it. I feel safer using it over a traditional blade especially when filletting fish in the cold or in dim light. Have used it extensively on walleyes, northern pike and perch. Battery life is excellent and have gone 7 days of use in a row without recharge.
3/30/23 @ 6:43 PM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08
Bubba Pro just won the knife category for 2021 ICast best of show.  The guys that had to return their Bubba knives, where those the Newer Pro from 2021 to present or an older unit?

I don't own either knife, just doing research too.

3/28/23 @ 5:59 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10
I have the rapala ion and love it. Battery lasts forever and really comfortable. I never used the bubba blade and I don't know anyone who has one. Good luck.
3/23/23 @ 6:37 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20
I got the r12 rapala just before ice season works great plenty of battery life. It's just as good as my plug in rapala HD just with better features like where the trigger is and your not battling with the cord also like that I can use the blades from my corded HD rapala and the case is nice.
3/22/23 @ 8:11 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/01
I returned the bubba knife too the trigger wouldn’t shut off. 
3/22/23 @ 6:55 PM
surf n turf
PRO MEMBER User since 1/31/07
Very disappointed with the bubba. Slow speed. All you could do to get the skin off a fillet . Used it twice with same results. Super nice case though.  Also had to return it. Trigger didn't work. Heavy handle gets your wrist sore if fileting any amount. Save your money 
3/21/23 @ 8:01 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
I have no experience with the Bubba, but I have the Rapala and am very pleased with it. 
3/20/23 @ 5:23 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07
I have the Rapala and I'm happy with it.
I think it boils down to a Chevy Ford situation. 
Pick the one that you can find the best deal on and go with that one, and you will be getting a good knife. 
3/20/23 @ 7:45 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Watch some youtube videos. The rapala blows the bubba out of the water.
3/19/23 @ 9:23 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
my kids got me the Bubba knife kit, 2 batteries, charger, 4 knives and case. the knife does a fantastic job, even with smaller panfish, I get nice fillets off of them, I would definitely recommend!!!!
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE