MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Lifelist Fishing

4/19/22 @ 7:04 AM
INITIAL POST
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Been poking around, and haven't seen an official spot to post new species you caught in your lifetime, so let's post those fish catches here.  

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
6/24/22 @ 2:08 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Lifer 72. Spotted Bass. Caught with a jig and a spinner, but I was in California.  I thought it was a largemouth at first.  Then I caught another, and I felt like the pattern on it was a bit different, and the mouth was smaller, like a smallmouth.  Did some internet research, went back out there and caught a third one. A really cool fish!

6/7/22 @ 9:41 AM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Lifer 71. Muskellunge. Oconomowoc River with a 5 inch swimbait. It wasn't a graceful net job or release (don't worry, the fish swam off really quickly), but the catch was clean. I'm still riding high about this one.  Here's the video if you're interested.

5/16/22 @ 12:23 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Kokanee salmon are non-anadromous sockeye salmon meaning they live out their lives in fresh water. I wasn't aware that there are any in WI but if the conditions are right, I guess it wouldn't be out of the question. I've caught them in northern Idaho on some of the the big, deep lakes located in that area (Lake Pend Oreille, Lake Coure d' Alene).  

5/4/22 @ 11:26 PM
NPike_Guy
NPike_Guy
User since 8/25/08

Tiefsa, next time you head out my way to fish the Wisconsin River try the Middleton Hills park pond(s). It's close to the highway and loaded with goldfish. Little piece of worm under a dinky bobber with a tiny hook will get the job done pretty quick.

5/4/22 @ 11:03 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

In a Wisconsin Lake, not sure of correct spelling Kikoonen Salmon, means "Land locked   Salmon".  Were placed in this lake in 1939 by DNR and they took and now  reproduce.  Look the same as a sockeye from Alaska except they only grow to 12 inches.  Have it mounted next to my 10 lb sockeye from Alaska.  Every one ask's where did you get a sockeye that small in Alaska! LOL

5/4/22 @ 10:06 AM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

I did catch a gar fish (12") on Shawano Lake years ago. I've also caught a mud puppy on trout streams. Those would be my "rarest" catches.

5/3/22 @ 7:25 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Holy, Tout! That cobia and snook were both big fish. JamesD - There's a pond in Brookfield where I saw some goldfish. I think I'm going to visit there again this summer and see if they're still in there. I haven't ever caught a goldfish. 

5/1/22 @ 3:38 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Gar are a rare catch in Green Bay or the Fox. I've seen them caught, but never one by me. Had a sturgeon on once ice fishing but, there was no way getting it thru the hole on 4# test. I fished a pond in Chicago area and caught a beautiful white and orange  three pound goldfish. Never thought I'd check that off any list but it was cool anyway. I'd recommend those like "T" who have an interest in fish, in general, to get a trap or net and start a minnow aquarium. Lots of interesting smaller fish are in our waters too.

Lifelist Fishing photo by JamesD
4/27/22 @ 9:43 PM
Tout
PRO MEMBER User since 1/2/02

last week treasure coast fla. pb snook and cobia

Lifelist Fishing photo by Tout
Lifelist Fishing photo by Tout
4/19/22 @ 3:37 PM
NPike_Guy
NPike_Guy
User since 8/25/08

Definitely gonna have to retally mine. It's been a while!

4/19/22 @ 7:06 AM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Species 70 for me was a Longnose Sucker.  I caught it with a worm on the bottom in the Root River in Racine.  I was at Island Park in mid April. I think they are still in there, but the weather turning warmer will probably start changing things.  Either way, a guy just up river caught a steelhead, I snagged a brown (of all things) and landed two longnose suckers.  They were pretty big (18 inches and 20 inches).  Here's the video.

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE