LOGIN
Lake-Link

License Requirements on border lakes.

5/18/18 @ 9:03 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Hrud
Hrud
User since 11/25/07

I have a family member with a cabin on the Cisco Chain. His place is on Cisco Lake in Watersmeet, MI. We go out on the boat a lot and usually end up at Bent’s Camp on Mamie Lake in Wi. Can someone explain to me the license requirements when fishing this chain?  Can I use my Wisconsin license on any of the lakes in the chain regardless of what state I’m physically in, or only on those lakes that are ‘border lakes’?   

Thanks 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/22/18 @ 3:49 PM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

you can fish from both shores or banks of a border water, the one caveat is you MUST have a printed copy of your fishing licence.

It's not any lake in the chain, only the ones that the border actually crosses through.  For example only part of the Paint River Pond in UP is considerd border water.

Rivers that form the border such as the brule,paint and Menominee also apply, but you have be careful on attached lakes or backwaters.

Badwater lake in Iron mountain though is considered a boundary water as well.

5/19/18 @ 10:03 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

dnr.wi.gov/Contact/

might find this helpful for any other clarification,  call, chat or email

5/19/18 @ 8:20 AM
Hrud
Hrud
User since 11/25/07

Thanks Red. That’s how I thought it was but wanted to clarify since it was a chain. 

5/19/18 @ 12:12 AM
Red Eagle
User since 12/17/16

Wisconsin only license =Fishing border lakes only AND you must carry a paper version of your license for fishing border lakes as well.

5/18/18 @ 9:17 PM
snag1
User since 1/23/10

Not an expert but would say only the border lake would qualify. I fish the Mississippi River a lot and know when I get to the IL border I am no longer legal.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.