SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Lake Michigan Pier/Shore Fishing

7/7/14 @ 4:46 PM
INITIAL POST
Another Pier-Dweller
User since 6/11/10
This thread has been started to encourage discussion and exchange of information among those who consider themselves to be on-shore anglers of the the Lake Michigan system. Please feel welcome to share information, tips, techniques, stories, upcoming tournaments (specific to on-shore fishermen), or any other topic-related information.
Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts
7/10/14 @ 4:04 PM
Another Pier-Dweller
User since 6/11/10
Hey rip, Not much happening anywhere from what I've heard, the water temps are scattered and from what I've been told the thermoclines are kind of crazy due the harsh winter. (from Wikipedia) A thermocline (sometimes metalimnion in lakes) is a thin but distinct layer in a large body of fluid (e.g. water, such as an ocean or lake, or air, such as an atmosphere) in which temperature changes more rapidly with depth than it does in the layers above or below. In the ocean, the thermocline may be thought of as an invisible blanket which separates the upper mixed layer from the calm deep water below. Depending largely on season, latitude and turbulent mixing by wind, thermoclines may be a semi-permanent feature of the body of water in which they occur or they may form temporarily in response to phenomena such as the radiative heating/cooling of surface water during the day/night. Factors that affect the depth and thickness of a thermocline include seasonal weather variations, latitude and local environmental conditions, such as tides and currents.
7/8/14 @ 5:03 PM
Another Pier-Dweller
User since 6/11/10
Hey Edward - yes I have seen this forum before and I've posted on it, however it seems that it has become more-so a Sheboygan pier fishing forum, just wanted to try a new start.
7/7/14 @ 5:12 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
http://lake-link.com/forums/Great-Lakes-Fishing/discuss.cfm/89938/Pier-Fishermens-Thread/
7/7/14 @ 5:00 PM
Another Pier-Dweller
User since 6/11/10
Some (if not most) of you may have already heard of this website, but my buddy shared this website: lurepartsonline.com . On this website I have found 3/4 oz. imitation champs for a buck a piece (a five pack for $5). They also have some good barrels swivels (if that's the kind of swivel you prefer) in packs of 30 for around 2-3 bucks. Anyways, just thought I'd share, sure beats the $4.50 per champ.
Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE