Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Lake Keesus

Lake Access

1/31/23 @ 2:08 PM
INITIAL POST
JonnyMax
JonnyMax
User since 2/2/14

I'm fairly sure that there's no public access when the lake is iced over.  I think the launch is closed for public access.

Is there anyone on the lake willing to allow myself and my 3 boys to walk through your yard to get onto the lake?  Send me a private message if you'd be willing.  Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
2/13/23 @ 4:29 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

I'm curious: Why the OP would think the launch is closed during winter?

A number of years ago the launch parkig lot was posted 'No Parking' after ice-up. It just didn't seem kosher to me so I called Merton town hall,the county sheriff's dept and the WDNR. Nobody knew anything about the signs but somebody from Merton town hall told me - off the record - that a neighboring homeowner had tried and failed to have that done legitimately. It was likely that the homeowner  - after failing to have it done legally - simply went ahead and posted their own signs.

2/12/23 @ 7:05 PM
-T Fish-
User since 2/12/23

I've never ice fished here before. Thanks for letting me know that there is foot access at the boat launch.

2/3/23 @ 3:41 PM
JonnyMax
JonnyMax
User since 2/2/14

Nevermind, it sounds like the launch is open to foot traffic.  Good to know!

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE