LOGIN
Lake-Link

Kayak fishing for salmon Milwaukee Harbor

9/25/17 @ 6:19 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BUCK306
BUCK306
User since 6/14/17

Hello all i will be coming to Wisconsin Oct 4th - 7th and was hoping to me up with other kayakers. Want to try my luck on some Salmon and Brown Trout. I will be going out early mornings and staying late at night. Want to bring some Salmon home if I would get lucky enough. Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/6/17 @ 8:13 AM
BUCK306
BUCK306
User since 6/14/17

King

10/6/17 @ 8:07 AM
BUCK306
BUCK306
User since 6/14/17

I got to say you guys have a wonderful fishery here. I got into some Kings and caught a few brown trout. Someone refers me to R&R Bait and Tackle I went there and an older gentleman gave me some advice and I did it and it worked out. Trying to figure out how to post pictures on here but for some reason when I go and post it keeps just processing it will not post with the pictures on it.

Getting ready to head out to Port Washington give that a try today and then tomorrow as I leave I'm going to hit the power plant South from here I don't remember what it's called I'm sure you guys already know.

10/2/17 @ 10:36 AM
machoprogrammer
User since 1/19/07

You can get moldy, gross kings pretty late into the season. I've caught them in November in the harbor and rivers. That said, you probably don't want to eat the dark, moldy ones. The 3-year old fish that haven't spawned yet would probably be out way too deep for a kayak.

That said, you might get lucky and get a silver coho and you could certainly catch a trout

10/2/17 @ 7:49 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09
Depends what kind of salmon fishing you want to do. I catch kings out on the lake into December, depending on temps, bait, etc. If you want to do the harbor bite, you might have a couple weeks yet, but it's getting slower every day. Soaking skein might be your best option, but you might get some hits on cranks at first and last light. I got a nasty harbor king a couple years ago around Thanksgiving that hit a shad rap as the sun came up when I was fishing browns. Thing was nasty and moldy - I literally almost just cut my line when I saw it. 

10/1/17 @ 10:51 PM
BUCK306
BUCK306
User since 6/14/17

How late is to late for salmon fishing? I have never done it. It will be my first. 

10/1/17 @ 6:59 PM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09
I would try posting on the reports section - search Lake Michigan Kayak Fishing. You may or may not get a response.  Personally, I'm done fishing the harbor for at least a month... I'm probably going to start looking for offshore fish soon. Fall harbor kings is fun (for me) for a few trips, but as the kings get darker, I just lose interest. The bite is slowing down, but you should be able to get on some fish. My wife got her first 3 kings of her life a few weeks ago, with the big one weighing in at 25.5 lbs. Good luck!

10/1/17 @ 4:21 PM
BUCK306
BUCK306
User since 6/14/17

Anyone on kayaks fishing next week in the harbor starting on the 4th up to the 7th? Trying to meet up for some other kayakers.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.