MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Jigging for inland lake trout.

8/10/20 @ 7:27 AM
INITIAL POST
catfisheatwalleyes
catfisheatwalleyes
User since 3/26/11

Going to be fishing a lake in the U.P. in a couple weeks that has a decent population of lakers. Max depth of the lake is 110ft. Not interested in trolling, but would like to learn how to jig them up. Anyone have any experience with this ? What kind of jigs or spoons? Tip with meat? Thanks all!

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
8/10/20 @ 8:25 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

First off.. I love your username! I like using a 3/8 Blue Clown Moonshine Shiver Minnow. Perch, white, chrome and gold are all good colors. Keep it about six feet off of the bottom and what they chase, play keep away. If they go back down, open the bail and start over. I do this on Big Green Lake. And keep a eye open for fish coming in higher. I have had mixed luck with and without meat. Let the fish tell you what they want. Look for steep drop-offs and fish the bottom edge. Do not stay in one place too long. You cannot catch what is not there. Keep a large minnow, like a Golden Shiner six feet off of the bottom,as well. 

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE